Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go 50 out of 50 In Less Than 24 Hours - Has it Happened?

Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:28 AM (9 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:33 AM

Hi all...

Just a general question.  I play about 2 or 3 Ready Go Tournaments a day.  I have NEVER participated in one where all 50 players completed and the Tournament ended before the 24 hour clock ran out.

Does this happen?  Has anyone been in one that finished this way?  Just curious - I am not hunting and pecking through a month of them to find out.

I think that it would be ideal if "Tee Off" is not OPTIONAL just after sign-up.  I think the Tournament Start should be forced without allowing this gap.  It would force people to start the round immediately (i.e. they are READY to GO at the point of Sign Up).  It would also lock entrants out of any other WGT play until they either complete or withdraw - UNLESS they are content to hang locked up in an unfinished tournament for 24 hours.

Anyone who is NOT READY to GO at the time they are signing up can easily wait for a later round when they ARE READY to GO.  These games are always available to enter.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:44 AM

I totally agree. Sign up and tee off.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:50 AM

The wonders of common sense... AtlantaCoaster hit the jackpot!  

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:56 AM

Thanks guys.  I get the IDEA that the original intention and spirit of these things was quicker tournaments.  I think it might have come as a surprise to everyone including WGT as to how these things almost without exception are completed by the clock and not the players.  (i.e. there is a willingness of about 25% of the entrants to "throw away" the 100 credit entry fee without completing..  For what it is worth I have seen scores as high as 90 win credits in these things - so i do not advocate quitting - but that is another thread and topic).

In any event - I still have not heard a "Yes - I was in one that all 50 players finished in 10 hours" (or something like that).  I will keep my eye on the thread.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:44 AM

Never in my exp. has one ended early. 

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 8:03 AM

never...i've only played in about 10, and when i factor in my actual signup, i average about 28 hours from signup to prizes posted.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 8:36 AM

Last week sometime I compiled all the ones down. There was one that had 49, closest it ever came. But if they're not showing the withdraws there could be a chance one has finished by play and not the clock. But none of the ones I have been in has.

I agree that it is very odd that we haven't seen ALL 50 players card a score yet, without exception.

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:17 PM
    haven't seen one with a full fifty yet, or one that was less than the full 24 hrs. With 50 participants, at least one is going to have a round bad enough to quit on (been tempted a few times myself :) It would be nice if each ready go tourney, once full, had a time stamp on it as to when the 24 hrs would be up...
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:28 PM

Granted, I only average maybe one RG per day, but I've never seen all 50 in any of my RG's.     

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:28 AM

Hi Atlanta,

I understand where you are coming from, but for me personally its not really an issue.

I dont play the Ready Go's every day - so having to wait 24 - 28 hrs to get the results is really not that much of an issue.

Personally - I prepare myself to play a Ready Go, practice round or whatever - then I sign in and tee of straight away. Thats works for me, but waiting for everyone to finish its not such a big deal.

Lets face it - we didnt have any Ready Go's a few weeks ago, and if people want to throw away their money and not compete - thats their business.

Cheers Doug

RSS