Forums

Help › Forums

2 MAN MODIFIED BEST BALL IN MIRC 1/8/10

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:23 PM (47 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:19 AM

DUE TO SLIGHT DEMAND THE TOURNEY DATE HAS BEEN MOVED TO 1/9/10 TO BETTER FIT A FEW OF OUR MIRC FAITHFULS NEEDS.

I started doing these tourneys about a month and a half ago for just me and a few freinds in the mIRC.... (WGT chat room) Since then they have really gotten popular. People ask quite often when are we doing another.....

Well the next tourney will be Friday, Jan 8th. Estimated tee time is 8pmEST (that would be 7pm central time and 5pm west coast time) but if Iconian is gonna play then we can estimate a 15min delayed tee time because we all know hes slow :)

Also this go around I promise ill talk lvietri into leaving his 50yr old cart girls at home. That was just ackward for all of us :)

Back to business here. The tourney will be a two man best ball modified format..... The use of drivers, fairway woods, and hybrids wll not be allowed. Only irons and wedges.

The tourney will consist of three nine hole cummulattive rounds to determine the winner. Round speculations will be announced that night. Should be a great time and as always i expect some stout competition and a fun time.

If you would like to play please sign up here on this thread. I ask everyone who wishes to participate to be in the channel atleast 25-30mins prior to starting time on Friday. I will select teams myself once all entries are in (up to this point ive done a pretty good job at evening out the team)

Instruction on joining the room can be found below

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/415.aspx?PageIndex=1

Event format was thought up by YankeeJim. I tip my hat to you  brother :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 4:04 PM

Fabulous idea there rob. You are such a thinker. What an imagination (gag.) LOL Going to try like the devil to get there.

YJ

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:02 PM
    Just curious if Lou is going to wear his new overalls and bring his harmonica?
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:24 PM

DUE TO SLIGHT DEMAND THE TOURNEY DATE HAS BEEN MOVED TO 1/9/10 TO BETTER FIT A FEW OF OUR MIRC FAITHFULS NEEDS.

Sorry for the inconvience

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:09 PM

oh man Robby....what are we going to do with you?????  Put me down, I know how to get a hold of you if need be, if I can't make it.....

P.S.  Can you pair me with bolly or blue or icon or...hell someone good that is all I care about...LOL....shhhh don't tell them though, they may mysteriously not show up that night, if they know they are my partner...LOL

B :) 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:26 PM

I'll give it a go ...

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:45 PM

As long as I am home, I'm in.

Thanks Rob!

Brian

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:46 PM

I will be there ... No Overalls .. but i will have my banjo on my knee.

Looking forward to playing in the very first ... "Tiger No-Woods" Open.

• jimgriff
    127 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:46 PM
    I will certainly try to be there Sat. night. Been looking for a 1 iron, but alas, the pro shop doesn't offer one....If I step on my 3 iron just right can adjust angle--hey I can't even touch it (dang virtual clubs!)
RSS