Forums

Help › Forums

Increased Prizes for Weekly Free Tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:01 PM (0 replies)
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:01 PM

Just a quick thought - any thought to increasing the pot of credits for the weeklies? With the introduction of the Ready-Go's (great idea), the amounts players earn, even for finishing in the top-10, looks measly to the point where I consider not even entering those tournaments.  Just for example, I probably played in all the weeklies for 4-6 months (winning one) and had a total of $8.00 or so. I know some people don't have access to the Ready-Go's, so perhaps an increase in the total pot for the free tourneys would keep those (and others) coming back to play in the free tournaments?

I'm assuming that most of those people have already spent money on the site in terms of clubs and stuff; I don't know how or if that would affect the bottom line, just noting that the difference in prizes is huge, to the point of trivializing the prizes in the weeklies.

As a side note, it seems like you shouldn't win the same trophy for winning a 50 person tournament (or finishing top-10 or whatever) as you do for placing in an open tourney.

See you all out there!

RSS