Forums

Help › Forums

kids and reality

Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:28 AM (25 replies)
  • acca
    78 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 3:27 PM

this is supose to be a realistic golf game , real golf is the family game, a game the whole family can play , yet on this site you have people complaining about kids under 18 .  my 2 boys play here , 6years and 10 years old . mind you they only play when im on , no other time . i have bought them clubs balls etc etc so they are spending money on here as well . my question is , how the hell are kids supose to learn if they have to wait till there 18 . my 6 year old son hits a good ball in real golf to , he wouldnt even be playing real golf if he did not play here with me online , i will not give up there names , but feel free to ban me if it is an issue . but remeber this. my boys play more mature than alot of the adults on here , oh and my wife also plays wgt , so is this game relistic and a family game like real golf or is it only realistic when it suits certain people , thats my 2 bob worth . not intended on offending anyboady , not my style . thanks ...............

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 4:27 PM

Hey acca agree 100% being a fellow countrymen i feel that a lot of people in the country the game is made dont think like we do.They are all about rules and regulations and of coarse making truckloads of money.Unfortunately its encroaching on our way of life.No longer are we responsible for our own actions.Its the norm to blame others and make it there problem instead of dealing with it.Thats where the term great AUSSIE battler originated. cya mate chippy

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:36 PM

Two excellent posts.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:46 AM

AlaCowboy:
    An online golf game is encroaching on your way of life? You really need to get a life.

I think charlie's point was the difference between life Down Under and here in the States with respect to the rules and regs statement. At least that's how I read it. It's a responsibility thing where charlie just wants someone to accept responsibility for what's wrong. Living by a particular set of rules, our laws, may be different from what it is living under a different set, like his. This could get in the way sometimes.  I have no clue about the difference in laws but I can see his point. 

Heh, as far as him getting a life you might consider the fact that he's totally laid up and spends a huge amount of time here. LOL-he gets a full dose of frustration on a regular basis when the game misfires (another discussion-not here.) Couple that with his writing style of no punctuation when he gets going-built in misunderstanding unless you read it 10 different times! (J/K ya charlie-yer getting better.)

Keep the faith, brother charlie........

YJ

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 12:53 PM

I think the 18 and under rule is more about "gambling" than potty mouth, same reasoning behind why certain states can't do tourneys.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 12:55 PM

your kids can play online poker under your account as well, but take them to vegas and try having them sit down at a poker table.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:42 PM

We do hope this nonsense (preventing kids from joining this site) will be cancelled soon. (Instead, WGT only needs to ensure kids won't be permitted to enter any credits/prizes transactions.)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:03 PM

Is it worth thinking about a kids' area?  Kids signed up by an accountable  WGT member parent  could have their own "area" defined by whatever limitations you want. Maybe a new source of revenue-kids' clubs. You get the idea but it could be an amicable, revenue-generating solution.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:41 PM

I don't think that's necessary at all. We don't need to introduce any segregation of players (and even equipment) here. The only thing that's necessary is to do what common sense (and the law) demands: prevent underage players from entering any credits/prizes transactions. This can be easily arranged in the database by adjusting user permissions. WGT simply need to set up another category of WGT.com user accounts – one which will be by default prevented from entering any credits/prizes transactions.

I manage phpBB forums, and whenever you want to join a phpBB forum, the standard question asked when you're signing up, is: Are you over 13 years old? If the user answers No, then there are (by default) certain additional requirements to be met before the phpBB account is activated.

WGT can proceed similarly: during the sign-up process, they can ask the user, Are you over 18 years old? If the user answers No, then the user account created during the sign-up process will not be allowed to enter any credits/prizes transactions, but will otherwise be able to enjoy WGT.com fully with all its other features.

Issue solved!  

(A parent or any other adult well-wisher might still gift equipment to an underage player using the standard gifting procedure.)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 3:51 PM

I like my idea better.

RSS