Forums

Help › Forums

system still glitchy

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 23 2010 5:41 PM (28 replies)
  • dlwrightsman
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:27 PM

So.., here I am at Bethpage birding the first three holes and my opponents disconnects.   What happens you ask?  Did I birdie the remaining 6 holes?  NO, the system shuts down!  How frustrating is that.   Of course if I was at even par and the opponent bugged out I could still complete the round...., but not this time.   Too damn frustrating.

• blenny
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:38 PM

Has anybody noticed the wind today, it is way off, if you play with a 11mph wind in your face you go over by 10 yds, it has been happening all day, whats up?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:22 PM

dlwrightsman, if this was a multiplayer game, you should have been able to re-launch the game window and finish the round. Was this not the case? Please let us know what you saw when you tried to get back in.

• blenny
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 3:34 PM

Match play, it was impossible to play this weekend because the wind indicators were way off.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 8:19 PM

Whom ever wrote this program has very little golf exp.That shoud tell you a lot as to why things dont happen anywhere near the way it does on the corse.I have an 18 handycap.there is no way short rough take 20 yards off a club..........Even when I was a hack shooting in the high 90s.I was able to take a 5 wood 210 yard out of short rough.

• zorroscamp
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 4:01 AM

blenny:

Match play, it was impossible to play this weekend because the wind indicators were way off.

I'd really like WGT to answer this question.

It doesn't happen often but when you know you've aimed correctly and you get the ping for the perfect shot, the ball has a mind of its own and goes screaming off into obscurity.

Other times you allow say for an 11mph hour wind coming directly from the right... and you've guessed it... the ball goes exactly to the spot you aimed for instead of moving with the wind, yet the next players ball is OK.

It's rarely I say anything during the game... just brushing it off as another WGT mystery but this issue is becoming beyond a joke. 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 4:55 AM

Zorro,

There is no mystery here. What you are describing is often called 'The Beast'. It is a programed deviation that is to simulate the shots on the real course that you think you have hit well but end up less than perfect.

On a side note the 'Beast' can also work in your favor. I am sure you have had shots that turn out better than expected as well.

Happy hitting

*edit* The 'Beast' can be somewhat tamed with higher precision clubs, but like all wild animals it can turn on you at anytime.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:12 AM

A programmed deviation, are you serious....... Its hard enough hitting the line as it is, so when you do actualy ding the line, we certainly don't need a programmed deviation throwing the ball off line. If you adjust for wind and hit the line it should go on target, not here, there, and every frigging where like it is at the moment....

Soulcatcher  *edit* The 'Beast' can be somewhat tamed with higher precision clubs, but like all wild animals it can turn on you at anytime.

So what your saying is the more money you spend on higher precision clubs the less likely you are to get "the beast".  If thats the case then,  for the troubles people are having of late with there clubs, "the beast"  is being purposly done by wgt to create more sales.?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:13 AM

Hi zorro, if you experience a wild deviation, it would be helpful for you to right-click and submit a bug to us, save a replay, and tell us which course, hole, shot #..etc so we can look up the exact shot.

• zorroscamp
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:46 PM

Thank you for the reply.

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you save a replay in a multiplayer game.

I don't recall seeing any controls to do that.

RSS