Forums

Help › Forums

W.G.T Tournaments v Country Club Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:49 PM (6 replies)
  • happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 9:05 AM

I run a country club and also run  a league with 6 divisions in it  each week we set up 3 games one  for division and 2,  one for division 3 and 4, and one for division 5 and 6 they are all different the higher the division the harder the game so in division and 2 it might be high winds and tournament greens but my members are complaining that 1 member may get a 30 mph wind in his face on hole 1 but another member might get a MPH with him on the same hole.I myself think it's unfair as well.

So my question is how come WGT can set a tournament up where the conditions are always the same for everyone who plays it, yet i can't set one up for my country club where they are always the same winds on each hole. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 9:23 AM

happyman123uk:
    So my question is how come WGT can set a tournament up where the conditions are always the same for everyone who plays it, yet i can't set one up for my country club where they are always the same winds on each hole. 

WGT does not.

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:04 AM

Well if they don't my apologies

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:41 AM

Apologies not necessary:)

I should have explained further, but all tourney's have "random" wind direction.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 11:15 AM

I think the should have the same exact wind conditions.... especially for ready-go's.  I don't know how many times I've been stuck with a headwind on par 5's struggling for birdie when a tailwind would give me an easy birdie and a potential eagle.  I'm typically not one to complain and it is what it is but... when spending credits it would be nice to have equal conditions.

Thats my rant for the day.... :-)

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:30 PM

maybe if everyone teed off at the same time lol.  diff times, diff winds.  I kinda like the randomness of it all.

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:49 PM

I can understand if its a multi play as members can play it over and over again and take notes and shoot a very low score but if its a once only tournament i think it should always be the same only fair on the players

RSS