Forums

Help › Forums

The ''Grown-up'' tees

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:16 AM (6 replies)
  • sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:47 PM

Just wondering the reason for playing from the 'grown-up' tees on the week one single play... I typically play from the tips... not the tournament tee box...

just curious....

thnx...

till next time... hit long ...straight.. and infrequently

• yuppielove
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:25 AM
    You ain't the only one. I'm back there too, and I can barely reach the fairway now on some of the holes. Seems to only affect the week 1 kiawah tournaments, and I'm definitely still pro and not master. I kinda like the variety, but it really makes it tough going with my puny starter clubs.
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:29 AM

Next week the tee placements will be back to normal.

• sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:09 PM
    I hope I did not come off sounding upset with the long tees... I rather enjoyed it... and I would rather play from back there.. so If'n ya wanna change things back ... ok by me... just do it for every one else... and leave me back there... it was fun... and a bit more challenging... Did I say I liked it??? if not... I liked it...
  • starriser51
    153 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:16 AM
    I 2 found that the new placement a change, after playing I was able to play, hard but ok, like every thing else in life with out the change we never know where we fit.
  • DightonBlue
    42 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:14 PM

Imagine my surprise when I saw I was playing from the Tournament tees!  Yes, it surely WAS fun.  I hope we can see a little more variety like this.

Now - since we're playing around with the tee placement, how about moving the pins around a little?

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:16 AM

Masters even had a few of our torunaments from the pro tee's was kinda nice, because I HATE, HATE, HATE the R9 driver.

RSS