Forums

Help › Forums

X-MAS

Sat, Dec 26 2009 1:43 PM (20 replies)
  • resozv
    895 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 10:07 PM

Merry Christmas to all @ WGT.

for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 6:47 AM
    amen resozv. alot of people don't even know the true meaning of Christmas. Thank You. Merry Christmas to all @ WGT
  • wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:00 AM

I agree also. Merry Christmas to all at WGT. Keep up the good work.

Michael

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 9:41 AM

time for the feats of strength! happy Hanukkah/Christmas/big Chain store makey big money day! ease up and have  happy holidays which includes NewYears. i guess its just easier to say happy holidays vrs merry Christmas and a happy New Year. bsides Jesus was a humble man.....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:53 AM

WWJD will stop you in your tracks and point you to the right action. Never fails.

• colton93
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 4:45 PM

Merry Christmas

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:55 AM

merry cristmas isnt it about the presents lol

hit em straight in 2010

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:54 AM

The term "Xmas" instead of "Christmas" is Greek in origin. The word for "Christ" in Greek is "Xristos." during the Sixteenth Century, Europeans began using the first initial of Christ's name...the "X" of "Xristos"...in place of the word "Christ" as a shorthand version of the word "Christmas." Although early Christians understood that the "X" was simply another form for the name of Jesus Christ, later Christians, who had no knowledge of the Greek language, mistook "Xmas" as a sign of disrespect. Eventually, however, "Xmas" came to be both an accepted and suitable alternative to the word "Christmas."

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 10:50 AM

The problem here is trying to find those who read, write and speak in Greek. I dislike seeing Xmas because it seems to indentify someone too lazy and unfocused to write Christ. The 25th of December celebrates only one thing. The birth of Jesus Christ.

• TarheelsRule
    5,509 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 11:13 AM
    I am with you SP I dislike the term XMAS very much, it always makes me think that well that is one way to take the Christ out of Christmas. No one should mind typing a few extra letters.
RSS