Forums

Help › Forums

Can we get new advanced wedges by ONE Manufacturer?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 16 2024 5:48 AM (20 replies)
  • SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 7:30 PM

There are already more advanced wedges than the Clevelands available in the shop, BUT you have to piece-meal them and they arent the same attributes. For example, The Callaway Jaws.  They arent available in 60/80/100. That is why the request is made, so that we can have ONE manufacture with those same attributes in 60/80/100

So Like I said, instead of being a "improve your SUB-PAR game" response type of guy, let the WGT guys respond with their opinion/questions in this PRODUCT SUGGESTION forum

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 7:50 PM

@SplashLewis 

Again, yes, this is a product suggestion forum. But it is also a discussion forum in which individuals are free to indicate their disagreement. Some of us simply disagree with your product suggestion. Or is it the case you believe product suggestion posts should be exempt from comment by other players? 

Yes, the Jaws wedges have a bit better forgiveness and an incremental improvement with forgiveness over Levels 78 to 80 wedges. But a few times, I've played versions of the Level 95/96 wedges and never felt the need to purchase them. And I have plenty of credits. I could easily purchase them without making a dent in number of credits I have. I just didn't see a practical difference when I tried them.

In other words, from a practical purpose, I don't see them as more advanced. I simply see them as another option. 

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 8:02 PM

SplashLewis:

There are already more advanced wedges than the Clevelands available in the shop, BUT you have to piece-meal them and they arent the same attributes. For example, The Callaway Jaws.  They arent available in 60/80/100. That is why the request is made, so that we can have ONE manufacture with those same attributes in 60/80/100

So Like I said, instead of being a "improve your sub-par game" response type of guy, let the WGT guys respond with their opinion/questions in this PRODUCT SUGGESTION forum

The problem you aren't understanding is that WGT can only offer the products they are licensed to by the OEMs, and for whatever reason Callaway doesn't want to sign off on the 64* Jaws wedge.  Many, many, many people have asked for it.  Heck I even said in previous response to you it would probably sell out overnight as the Jaws are superior in every way to the Vokeys.  Unfortunately just not in the cards at this point, since for whatever reason Callaway won't release it. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 8:09 PM

⬆️ And that’s a very fair point as well. 

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 8:21 PM

BlackBogey:

SplashLewis:

So Like I said, instead of being a "improve your sub-par game" response type of guy, let the WGT guys respond with their opinion/questions in this PRODUCT SUGGESTION forum

The problem you aren't understanding is that WGT can only offer the products they are licensed to by the OEMs, and for whatever reason Callaway doesn't want to sign off on the 64* Jaws wedge.  Many, many, many people have asked for it.  Heck I even said in previous response to you it would probably sell out overnight as the Jaws are superior in every way to the Vokeys.  Unfortunately just not in the cards at this point, since for whatever reason Callaway won't release it. 

Thank you for your responses.  informative.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 8:28 PM

Robert1893:

@SplashLewis 

Again, yes, this is a product suggestion forum. But it is also a discussion forum in which individuals are free to indicate their disagreement. Some of us simply disagree with your product suggestion. Or is it the case you believe product suggestion posts should be exempt from comment by other players? 

Yes, the Jaws wedges have a bit better forgiveness and an incremental improvement with forgiveness over Levels 78 to 80 wedges. But a few times, I've played versions of the Level 95/96 wedges and never felt the need to purchase them. And I have plenty of credits. I could easily purchase them without making a dent in number of credits I have. I just didn't see a practical difference when I tried them.

In other words, from a practical purpose, I don't see them as more advanced. I simply see them as another option. 

I dont mind the disagreement.  You can disagree without disparaging someones'  game.  All I am saying/have said

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:08 PM

Unless I'm overlooking it, there doesn't appear to be a 64°wedge on Callaway's website. Are they just not enthusiastic about that type of wedge?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2024 4:28 AM

SplashLewis:

I dont mind the disagreement.  You can disagree without disparaging someones'  game.  All I am saying/have said

Fair enough. But to be clear, I don’t believe I disparaged anyone’s game. 

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2024 5:32 AM

Robert1893:

SplashLewis:

Fair enough. But to be clear, I don’t believe I disparaged anyone’s game. 

you didnt.  i wasnt talkin about you.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2024 6:49 AM

👍

RSS