Help › Forums

club L+ number

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 13 2024 10:55 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Russman80127
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 5:52 AM

What the heck does that mean? Some clubs are more expensive but have a lower L+ number, others are high priced and have a high L+ number. I don't get it.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 10:17 AM

Russman80127:

What the heck does that mean? Some clubs are more expensive but have a lower L+ number, others are high priced and have a high L+ number. I don't get it.

It's the level you need to be in order to purchase that club.  So if it says (for example) "Callaway Ai Smoke Iron Set (L85+)", then you have to be Level 85 or higher to buy it.

Pretty simple really.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:04 AM

@Samspayed pretty much answered it for you.  As to why some with a lower "L" value are more expensive - if you want a better club but aren't willing to wait until you Level up, you are going to have to pay an extra cost in exchange for the earlier availability.

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 5:00 PM

You're paying extra cost but you're not getting near as good of a club though, say for instance right now if I wanted to switch my driver to the level 85 Callaway ai smoke, 282yd driver 2900 credits to purchase but if I wanted a lvl 50 Callaway driver it would cost me 3100 credits and only 262yds. You shouldn't have to pay more credits for a club that is not near as good. So yeah you're getting a decent club early on but doesn't mean you should have to pay more for it. Just my opinion

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 8:54 PM

ryry4321:

You're paying extra cost but you're not getting near as good of a club though, say for instance right now if I wanted to switch my driver to the level 85 Callaway ai smoke, 282yd driver 2900 credits to purchase but if I wanted a lvl 50 Callaway driver it would cost me 3100 credits and only 262yds. You shouldn't have to pay more credits for a club that is not near as good. So yeah you're getting a decent club early on but doesn't mean you should have to pay more for it. Just my opinion

Yes, I would agree that one is an oddball.  I would think the L44 at 2645 credits is probably a better club than the L50 other than the meter speed, (which is the most expensive commodity in all clubs/balls).  Then again, even the 3.7 meter of the L44 isn't exactly horrible. 

Comes down to what's important to each person I guess - meter speed/distance/forgiveness/etc...

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2024 12:26 PM

BlackBogey:
    I would think the L44 at 2645 credits is probably a better club than the L50 other than the meter speed, (which is the most expensive commodity in all clubs/balls).

An even better deal IMO is the "Long Drive Bundle" available on Steam (it's under DLC).  

For $19.99 you get all of this:

For comparison, it would cost you $20 for the 2,000 credits alone here on wgt.com.

The Titleist Driver in that bundle compares very nicely to the L44 Callaway Driver.  In fact, I'd argue that it's even a little better.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 3:29 AM

SamSpayed:

BlackBogey:
    I would think the L44 at 2645 credits is probably a better club than the L50 other than the meter speed, (which is the most expensive commodity in all clubs/balls).

An even better deal IMO is the "Long Drive Bundle" available on Steam (it's under DLC).  

For $19.99 you get all of this:

For comparison, it would cost you $20 for the 2,000 credits alone here on wgt.com.

The Titleist Driver in that bundle compares very nicely to the L44 Callaway Driver.  In fact, I'd argue that it's even a little better.

Yes, agree 1000% @SamSpayed.  I tell any newer players who ask about equipment to check those Steam Bundles out.  Heck, for $45 for the Long Drive, Fairway, and Birdie bundles you get 4750 credits plus a pretty decent set of clubs that can last you up through Tour Master, not to mention the dozen L0 Titleist Ultra Slow Meter balls valued at 2550 credits, and a decent stash of coins to mess around with in the Coin Rooms.  Then you can take some of the 4750 credits they give you to use for a decent 3wd or 3rd wedge. 

You can also get the Eagle bundle for $10 that has a decent putter and gives you another 1500 credits, although in my opinion putter is one of the last things that need upgraded when you are at the lower levels/tiers.

• BTuck2112
    11 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 10:28 AM

I went ahead and picked up this Long Drive bundle and it was well worth it! The driver is 24 yards better than the Max meter driver I was using. This and the credits you get are worth it alone. Also got a ton of great apparel and new balls. Thanks again for this suggestion! If anyone else is hesitant, this was an amazing deal. On a side note, every time I reply on this message board it takes 3-5 hours to post since it has to be reviewed by moderators. I have submitted a request to be able to post freely going forward. Not sure if anyone else has to deal with this.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 3:20 PM

It's an initial investment - more to come as you progress. Try to wait for the Pings @L59 at least - they are the first with a "high" trajectory, priceless in approaches. Still better clubs come later.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 7:44 PM

BTuck2112:
    On a side note, every time I reply on this message board it takes 3-5 hours to post since it has to be reviewed by moderators. I have submitted a request to be able to post freely going forward. Not sure if anyone else has to deal with this.

For whatever reason, WGT places people on moderation for their first 30 or so posts on the main boards. Supposedly, after that, players are taken off moderation. Even then, however, many players still have to request being removed from moderation.

While it makes no sense and never has, they refuse to change the policy. 

Over the years, I've been a participant of a number of discussion boards. I never saw anyone have that policy. It's borderline stupid. I hope they grant your request. But I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. 

• PAGES
RSS