Help › Forums

Greens Conditions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 21 2024 11:32 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ledroid0
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2023 1:52 PM

It would be nice to know the status of the greens BEFORE teeing off on the first hole. There is nothing worse than being in greenside rough or bunker and not know the speed of the greens to determine club/option to use.

Thank you

• MMOC0528
    12 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2024 2:40 PM

Something so basic, you would think this would have never been an issue.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2024 7:01 AM

ledroid0:

It would be nice to know the status of the greens BEFORE teeing off on the first hole. There is nothing worse than being in greenside rough or bunker and not know the speed of the greens to determine club/option to use.

Thank you

If you're in  a greenside bunker or rough and short shot yourself then you probably aren't going to have a low round anyway.

your scrambling and bunker save % is only 1/3. which means you don't know how to play the shots anyway. which is amazing because your GIR% is horrible so I know you get plenty of practice on the shots. 

Knowing the green speed isn't going to help in your case. You have other stuff in your game to worry about first. 

This isn't a blame the game problem.  

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2024 11:02 AM

Mythanatos:

ledroid0:

Thank you

If you're in  a greenside bunker or rough and short shot yourself then you probably aren't going to have a low round anyway.

your scrambling and bunker save % is only 1/3. which means you don't know how to play the shots anyway. which is amazing because your GIR% is horrible so I know you get plenty of practice on the shots. 

Knowing the green speed isn't going to help in your case. You have other stuff in your game to worry about first. 

Hit the nail on the head with that one

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2024 12:48 PM

I would also like to know the green speed before teeing off on 1st hole.  Being in the rough or the fairway, still would like to know the green speed.  Do I go right to the pin or short or whatever.

dacrash

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2024 12:51 PM

Mythanatos:

ledroid0:

Thank you

Brutal reply.   

• CaptRon48
    184 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2024 5:44 AM

WGT has stated many times they don't make it available before start of coin room matchs because they don't want people forfeiting. Valid or not who knows. They do post on regular stroke tourneys.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2024 10:42 AM

I guess you guys didnt notice that this thread is over a year old . It has sat dead for over a year with no response from anyone for over a year .

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2024 12:21 PM

@lonniescott711

I think you misread the date of the first post. It's from December, which means the thread is about 2 months old.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 4:13 AM

Robert1893:

@lonniescott711

I think you misread the date of the first post. It's from December, which means the thread is about 2 months old.

I stand corrected , my fault . It seems my mind is actually going in my old age along with the rest of me . 

• PAGES
RSS