Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nico's thoughts on 2023

Tue, Dec 26 2023 10:49 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    18,970 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2023 9:06 PM

1) The bogey glitch!! (although, this past showdown, I have not seen anyone complain yet and I have 3 that forfeited on me and no glitch);”

————-

Oh, the glitch still exists.  People are just tired of mentioning it.  Dead horses come to mind.  I’ve had a couple of my members be unable to get through round 2 this time because of the glitch.  They would like to see showdowns played only against others who are also in the showdown to at least give opponents an incentive to keep playing after a bad shot.  When matched against level 38 pros in Paris, well, you know.  You take the risk of badly done forfeits or quirky loading issues,  And even if the glitch doesn’t happen, it’s no fun whomping them.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 4:55 AM

AlaskanDame:

1) The bogey glitch!! (although, this past showdown, I have not seen anyone complain yet and I have 3 that forfeited on me and no glitch);”

————-

Oh, the glitch still exists.  People are just tired of mentioning it.  Dead horses come to mind.  I’ve had a couple of my members be unable to get through round 2 this time because of the glitch.  They would like to see showdowns played only against others who are also in the showdown to at least give opponents an incentive to keep playing after a bad shot.  When matched against level 38 pros in Paris, well, you know.  You take the risk of badly done forfeits or quirky loading issues,  And even if the glitch doesn’t happen, it’s no fun whomping them.

Yes it definitely still exists... because they haven't said they've fixed it yet!  Like Gary, I haven't played a showdown in quite a while too for exactly the same reason (as well as it being far too slow - I can play 18 holes in around 25 minutes, so I hate wasting time taking 75+ minutes for the equivalent of 36 holes, particularly as you can't even change cameras or do something contructive with the dead time whilst your opponent is taking forever to play!).  And there are many others who have boycotted it as well until the glitch gets fixed.  I've been told by Nico a month or two ago that they've found the problem.  He's also told me that they have one developer dedicated full time to fixing this problem.  But seeing as we've not had any fix yet I don't know how truthful those comments were.

AlaskanDame - you can't have showdown players playing against just other showdown players for the following reasons:

1)  There may be an odd number of players; although most groups are the full 100 players, there will almost certainly be (at least) one group that is not full, and that one could have an odd number of players in it.

2)  A lot of players either enter and don't play, don't finish the full quota of holes, or forfeit because it's not going well.

3)  There may not be any other showdown players available when someone wants to play.

4)  Although all players will play the same sets of holes, they don't all play the sets in the same order, so someone might be waiting to play, say, 3 holes on Bethpage, but there may not be any showdown players available who still need to play those same holes.  With my programming hat on, I think this would be a nightmare to try and implement.

The ONLY way to get rid of this glitch for certain it to make the showdowns single player.  But WGT won't do that because it would mean taking them out of the coins rooms.  They could, of course, add single player option to coins rooms (you obviously wouldn't be playing for coins!), but they don't want to do that either.

Look on the bright side... there will be another 100 new jumpers added to the game in 2024.  SMH.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 5:52 AM

There is however another showdown glitch where when a player already is +2 after two , they are on the third and can’t get a par , so forfeit in a way that remaining player can’t finish and gets a message that there has been an error , and the complete three holes are lost . Ok you play them again , but the forfeiter gets away without his bogeys and if the remaining player had good scores they are lost , and the same three holes have to be replayed. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,970 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 9:37 AM

bossbird:

There is however another showdown glitch where when a player already is +2 after two , they are on the third and can’t get a par , so forfeit in a way that remaining player can’t finish and gets a message that there has been an error , and the complete three holes are lost . Ok you play them again , but the forfeiter gets away without his bogeys and if the remaining player had good scores they are lost , and the same three holes have to be replayed. 

Yup, Lesley.  Saw this in showdown thread

6 Posts 
    12-19-2023 2:34 PM

I just had a player quit after I was up by 2 strokes.... The guy makes comment about me buying clubs to win and I respond that I never spent money on this game and that it was all ads and surveys. He hits a ball in the water and quits. I go to finish since I was able to return after he quit. Get through but then I look at my scorecard and it saying I never played those holes! It was holes 7-9 for me. Now I have to play them again? I never had that happen before.... Kind of frustrating since I did pretty good against some tough wind. Anyone else experience this?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 12:24 PM

Yes that’s exactly what happened and I have never had it happen before . 

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 4:09 PM

AlaskanDame:

bossbird:

Yup, Lesley.  Saw this in showdown thread

6 Posts 
    12-19-2023 2:34 PM

I just had a player quit after I was up by 2 strokes.... The guy makes comment about me buying clubs to win and I respond that I never spent money on this game and that it was all ads and surveys. He hits a ball in the water and quits. I go to finish since I was able to return after he quit. Get through but then I look at my scorecard and it saying I never played those holes! It was holes 7-9 for me. Now I have to play them again? I never had that happen before.... Kind of frustrating since I did pretty good against some tough wind. Anyone else experience this?

Not sure I follow what Bossbird said, nor what was quoted.  Nowhere does it say in the quote that the player who forfeited was able to play the holes again.  The way I read the quote, a player forfeited and the remaining player was forced to replay all 3 holes; that is something that has happened to me also, and I've seen others say the same.  But I suspect the forfeiter, if they were in the showdown, would have been disqualified, or at least got bogeys for the unfinished holes (or in the quoted case, hole).

• cyrusthegreat
    71 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 4:55 PM

Thanks for this report and on the communication and transparency throughout the year. I don't envy your job, and this level of professionalism and interaction definitely helps set WGT apart from other games that might be similar in some metrics, but feel much less premium.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 5:58 AM

In my point of view, since most of the major issues regarding the after flash era and the the transition using different platforms, have been solved, WGT's No1 priority for 2024 should be game play. Bringing back the cameras on the field for example, or maintaining/supporting better their servers or giving us better quality picture content of the courses (since the native resolution is 5K). All the things regarding gameplay, personally i consider them more important than a new apparel for example.

• jacktrade51
    10,906 Posts
    Tue, Dec 26 2023 6:43 PM

Coin games:  I am not an avid player, usually for Turf Wars (because of club) and Showdowns only but ...

I am finding it increasingly difficult to find an opponent.  I have noticed when I go on a bad streak (so down to Diamond 2 or 3), I get opps quicker then when I am on Diamond 1. 

But really, that should be a non-issue for anyone that enters Bellagio room or really the other 2 high end rooms.

Bottom line, we need to be matched more quickly.

Tom.

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Tue, Dec 26 2023 10:49 PM

jacktrade51:

Coin games:  I am not an avid player, usually for Turf Wars (because of club) and Showdowns only but ...

I am finding it increasingly difficult to find an opponent.  I have noticed when I go on a bad streak (so down to Diamond 2 or 3), I get opps quicker then when I am on Diamond 1. 

But really, that should be a non-issue for anyone that enters Bellagio room or really the other 2 high end rooms.

Bottom line, we need to be matched more quickly.

Tom.

Considering the loss of ball hits one would think this is of the highest priority for WGT to fix. Many players only play coin rooms, others of us play all the formats, but this issue would be costing WGT a motza.

• PAGES
RSS