Help › Forums

Retirement of our other game Shankstars and what this means for WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 16 2023 2:36 PM (7 replies)
  • WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2023 12:32 PM

Hey everyone,

We’ve gotten some questions about the retirement of Shankstars (if you didn't know already, we announced the retirement of shankstars yesterday) from the WGT community and want to clarify how this news impacts WGT.

Long story short – it’s only positive for WGT. The WGT development team is business as usual. We’ve strengthened our dedicated WGT team to continue making the game you know and love better year after year. We’re excited for another strong year of new features, improvements, partnerships, tournaments and more.

It’s never fun saying goodbye to a game we love, but we’re looking forward to the new opportunities this gives our team in many ways — including some fresh improvements for WGT and continuing to make it fun for all of you to enjoy. Thank you (as always) for being part of this community – we look forward to growing it with you!

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2023 11:47 PM

Thanks Nico.  Sounds like the devs may have some better bandwidth to focus on WGT Golf only.  Let’s go 2024!

Question 1: How do I advance in tiers?

Question 2: Are you going to bring back Cabo & Whistler?

🤣🙃

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 6:22 AM

Question 3: Are there any plans to add a driving range?

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 12:19 PM

Question 4: new course in 2024? Please??

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 12:52 PM

• AlaskanDame
    18,971 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 1:12 PM

I didn’t even know there was another game……

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 1:25 PM

AlaskanDame:

I didn’t even know there was another game……

Me neither.  I did ask ask Nico on Discord if this other one had a giant white putting line, and he said "not technically", so that was probably the thing that pushed WGT over the top.

• craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 2:36 PM
    A game for kids it was . AN EPIC ADVENTURE AWAITS Build a team of golfers to conquer imaginative courses and formidable challenges. Tee off on your own or go head-to-head against players all over the world on your journey to unlock new characters and increasingly epic adventures. Get ready to hook, slice and bunker .
RSS