Forums

Help › Forums

WGT update by Mac

Wed, Jan 17 2024 8:29 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mojocracker
    18 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2023 12:45 PM

Hmmmm.  It seems weird.  I had this issue on an older Mac after an update last September.  Then, about a month later, I reloaded the game and it worked.  So what happened?  

Today there was a new update and once again the game blackscreens on my older Mac. 

My specific question is why did it start running on my Mac after not running post the last update?  

• mojocracker
    18 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2023 12:46 PM

Hmmmm.  It seems weird.  I had this issue on an older Mac after an update last September.  Then, about a month later, I reloaded the game and it worked.  So what happened?  

Today there was a new update and once again the game blackscreens on my older Mac. 

My specific question is why did it start running on my Mac after not running post the last update?  

• mojocracker
    18 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2023 11:53 AM

It's just fishy how it doesn't run... cuz it "can't".  But then it does again.  And then, another new release and then it doesn't.  Fishy, I say. 

• NeilDootson
    9 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2023 12:24 PM

mojocracker:

It's just fishy how it doesn't run... cuz it "can't".  But then it does again.  And then, another new release and then it doesn't.  Fishy, I say. 

What's up my friend just sent you a friend request and posted on your wall I'm also a Mac user and I have fought tooth and nail with the developers of this game and with unity to explain why this can't be made available to us with the September update when this originally happened 6 or 7 days later on like the 6th of October all of a sudden we (MacOS 10.13.6 users) could once again play without issue fast forward to November and here we are again what I find strangely amusing is that the same response I received in September "WGT no longer supports Mac OS 10.13.6 neither does the company unity that they run their game through" is the same exact response I got this time when I asked now what I will however say that the only person that really explained anything in detail to me from WGT was SHAMWOW I know a few people replied to his post and quoted what he had said a few pages back he actually gave me the most informational breakdown that I have received from anyone I actually had a WGT employee tell me in an email which I really want to make public so the higher ups at WGT and Unity can see how they're employees are responding to supporters of the game like myself he emailed me back and told me basically to suck it up break down and buy a new system because my systems outdated and pretty much junk sorry but that's not how you speak to supporters of your product I was appalled anyway just wanted to let you guys know that I'm behind you is 100% And if there's any way that we can all band together to make this an official issue that really gets hurt make sure someone gets in touch with me I'm continuing to play on through Windows system which I feel is horrible and comparison to the Mac version but I guess for now it's better than the phone good luck

• OvaPah66
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 2:23 PM

I have a new MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.2.1. and I cannot play a web version either.  When I download, it downloads as WGTlauncher.dmg.  I cannot open it.  I'm pretty frustrated because I was excited to play WGT on the web!  I can download the app, but it is no different than playing on my iPad.

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 5:08 PM

OvaPah66:

I have a new MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.2.1. and I cannot play a web version either.  When I download, it downloads as WGTlauncher.dmg.  I cannot open it.  I'm pretty frustrated because I was excited to play WGT on the web!  I can download the app, but it is no different than playing on my iPad.

You would need to open the DMG after downloading it, drag the WGT app into your Applications folder, unmount the DMG, and then launch WGT from your Applications folder. Since Flash support ended a few years ago, you would now use the downloadable app to play. 

Best,
    Sham

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 9:01 PM

So that you will stop wondering,  The so call web version is pretty much the same now as is the mobile version.  That happened with the ending of flash, somewhere is the neighborhood of 3-4 years ago.  PCEA is the web version of the game now. 

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 1:04 AM

OvaPah66:

How do you know it is no different to playing on your iPad? If you can't open it you can't compare it.

If you play on your iPad, why do you have no stats?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 8:29 AM

OvaPah66:

With a newer MacBook, you can also get the app through the App Store. There are some differences between the App Store version and Mac OS version.

In the past, the main differences are with game settings (more options with Mac OS version) and the ability to earn credits playing the 2-credit videos (App store version). The App Store version is basically the iOS version of the game. I think those differences remain.

With both versions, however, the actual game plays the same.

• PAGES
RSS