Forums

Help › Forums

Access to equipment should be based on tiers not levels

Sun, Oct 1 2023 9:38 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MisterT99
    13 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 7:24 PM

I AM out. Game uninstalled. You can check my daily progress to see that it is zero and will stay there for the foreseeable future.  I get the messages from the forum as they are linked to my gmail. I will not erase the account, just in case once I am old I have no better ways to spend my time.

It would be really stupid of me to play a game that I do not like.  I am already trying this Duolingo thing.. It requires the same level of athleticism as WGT, after all.  Quite well done. Paid $85 for one year.  It costs me more than that to pay WTG  probably each month. 

Having still about 10 million coins and having invested, pardon, wasted  hundreds of real dollars on the game, I was indeed reluctant to let it go, but at the end of the day, I cannot justify repeating the same thing over and over and over. Thankfully I can live with having tossed away maybe 500 dollars over 4 months.

Yes, this morning I tried one last time and it told me .... erase it.

A *** hou (as they say in Hawai'i), Duolingo is already giving me back something.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 4:52 AM

I agree 100% with the OP, and have said this many times in the past myself, but it's never going to happen.  Bottom line is, WGT can sell more clubs and balls the way it is rather than making equipment tier specific.

BlackBogey:
    You can't just play the same driver/short iron courses like St A, PGA and Kiawah OVER AND OVER AND OVER and hope to get better.

I beg to differ.  Go back to the time when there was one or two courses.  Some players got very good on those.  When they brought out a new course it didn't take long for the better players to soon learn how to play those too.  Even with the likes of quirky Olympic and Merion courses the better players were scoring in the 50's within a day or two.  In the early days most of us played our favourite courses to lower our average in order to climb the tiers.  I remember playing St Andrews F9 more than other courses, others did it playing Bethpage F9.

Also in the early days it wasn't easy to climb tiers quickly, nor was it easy to increase your level quickly either.  Take a look at this:

This person started on 23rd July 2023.  By 25th August they had moved up to Legend tier!  That would have been pretty much impossible 10+ years ago.  Also, on 31st August they reached level 80.  12 days later they reached level 90.  Again, considering the amount of XP needed to do that, it would have been impossible.  At those levels it usually took a minimum of 2-3 months to move up just 1 level, but this person has moved up 10 levels in 12 days!  WGT have made tiering up and levelling up far too easy now that none of level, tier, nor average hold any value whatsoever.

This person's first 5 games as a Hack shows scores of 30, 29, 30,31, 29.  And this was on Merion - one of, if not the quirkiest course on WGT!  I don't know if it was front 9 or back 9, but these are not the scores of someone new to the game, this is someone who has had previous account(s).  Since WGT allowed players to restart with new accounts this sort of thing has become more rampant than ever.  And WGT have done this for one reason only - to be able to sell more clubs to 'new' accounts.  What WGT fail to realise is that these players don't put money into the game as they can often sandbag at the lower levels to gain enough credits to pay for the equipment.

The quality of the game has diminished exponentially with each passing year, and all because of WGT's greed, allowing players to do things that would previously have been impossible, just to try fill their coffers with a few extra pennies.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 9:06 AM

ct690911:

It seems the vast majority of players who announce in the forum (usually with great fanfare) that they are quitting.... never do.

The folks that are serious about quitting simply don't play anymore. No posts, no whining, no BS.

sayin'

😂

• MisterT99
    13 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 11:21 AM

It is done. Game uninstalled. Already feeling more relaxed.

• MisterT99
    13 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 11:21 AM

The original thread started with a why equipment is offered the way it is. Once it was explained to me that in this way TopGolf makes more money, I decided to leave the game. Having almost 10 million coins I just spent a few, and leaving after spending about 500 dollars in a few months is not really ideal, but it had to be done. I just tried a couple of new things that only partially worked. Then I knew  what the only realistic solution was. Unlike you, I am not going to play the same game for 10 years or more, regardless of equipment. They still have real golf courses, after all.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 12:52 PM

MisterT99:

It is done. Game uninstalled. Already feeling more relaxed.

yes....you said that 24 hrs ago and yet here you are still posting . LMAO🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 2:24 PM

MisterT99:
    I AM out. Game uninstalled. You can check my daily progress to see that it is zero and will stay there for the foreseeable future.  I get the messages from the forum as they are linked to my gmail.

Sorry to see you go 😢  If you want to stop getting emails from the Forum, just uncheck the "Email me replies to this post" box at the bottom of one of your previous posts in this thread, then click Post.

Hope this helps.

• Pvall
    33 Posts
    Sun, Oct 1 2023 9:38 AM

Just having a look through forums etc after Europe smashed the Yanks this tickled me - how a post can go sooooooo badly wrong His opening sentence actually was a good point:-

Currently, access to top equipment is based on levels. In my opinion it should be based on tiers, instead! That would also avoid the sandbagging that is clearly so common. 

Just thinking back to when I started I would stay a TM and just build the levels up - would be so much easier. :)

• PAGES
RSS