Help › Forums

Release Notes 8/30

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 29 2023 5:53 PM (26 replies)
  • FuturaUK
    1,370 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2023 9:49 AM

I have to agree...

This new addition is aimed primarily at CC's with loads of members.

I am in a club with 25 members and of those there are MAYBE 15 - 20 active daily,

For our club to achieve these first set of goals is virtually impossible.

For this to be of ANY appeal to clubs, maybe it would be better to set  the daily goals, based on the number of members? 

Goals need to be achievable , not easy but still 'possible'.. THESE ARE NOT!

I can't see our club members managing to play 250 rounds on chambers bay in one full week, let alone in the 30hours it is running currently.

Same issue with the heartbeats in 24 hours ... 220? with only 15-20 active members? 

Just my own views

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2023 1:44 PM

Following up from yesterday, I did a cache clean and ScottHope's Reset just for good measure and all is well. No longer receiving Error 404 message.

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2023 9:13 PM

FuturaUK:

For this to be of ANY appeal to clubs, maybe it would be better to set  the daily goals, based on the number of members? 

Goals need to be achievable , not easy but still 'possible'.. THESE ARE NOT!

Agree 100%.  For our small 15-member club, these are our goals today:

Let's look at that 1st daily goal as an example and do some math.  That averages out to about 7 rounds per member in CC tournaments in one day.  And you have to use a CC pass each time.  Let's say each person in our club uses one free CC pass to play (15 passes).  We'd still have to buy 85 passes at 37 credits a pop to reach the goal.  85 x 37 = 3,145 credits for passes.  Now add in the cost of the ball hits.  You can usually get around 5 rounds per ball / 15 rounds per sleeve.  So about 7 sleeves worth of ball hits.  Let's say the average cost of the sleeves we'd use is around 400 credits.  7 x 400 = 2,800 credits for balls.  

That's about 5,945 credits spent by members of our CC to reach a 5 gem goal.  The reward is 1 Course Builder, which can be bought in the Pro Shop for 400 credits.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what WGT's motivation is in rolling out this new CC Goals thing that nobody ever asked for.

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 5:34 AM

SamSpayed:
    this new CC Goals thing that nobody ever asked for.

No no no no no, you're wrong, everyone has been asking for this for a long time, it's what we've been waiting for ever since the demise of Flash, or even before.  I for one am over the moon.  ;)

I've just got to take a look at my CC's goals where there are only 2 of us, and I'm the only active member.  This should be a laugh!

EDIT:  Not that I really care because I'm never going to do them anyway (just like I don't do the single player goals & crap), but here are my goals:

24 CC tournament rounds in 24 hours - hilarious!

I don't think I need to watch The Three Stooges any more to get a laugh, we have our three and more stooges right here at WGT!

We keep coming back each day in the hope things will change for the better, but they only get worse!  I think the time is getting close to move on to other and better things.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 6:46 AM

Lesthanpar:

It is only 18000 credits 180 bucks, pony up if you want to help your club.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 6:52 AM

MioKontic:

I for one am over the moon.  ;)

And i agree with you, it's ridiculous!!

It should be 48 CC tournaments in 24 hours!!!

• ct690911
    7,199 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 8:45 AM

There are posters in this forum for whom I have immense respect. You should know who you all are by now. 

I have been tempted (and to a degree, pressured) to pick up the clubs again and play. I subsequently read some of the well articulated frustrations by the aforementioned posters and I'm very pleased to remain on the sidelines...lol

Reading and participating in the forums provides enough enjoyment for me at this stage in my life. (the odd moderation, notwithstanding)

sayin'

• nopro17
    16,174 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 10:03 AM

SamSpayed:
    Let's look at that 1st daily goal as an example and do some math. 

Thanks for crunching the numbers, Scott. 

To add a bit more perspective to the insanity, have a look where we (The Peoples Club, 246 active members) stand with the same goals:

Sure, there are a few more active clubs than us (we just hit Level 22 in the past half hour) but unless I ask/tell our members to do these things, we're not going to collect very many gems either.  I'm definitely NOT going to force them to do that.

• jacktrade51
    10,919 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 3:34 PM

I agree totally AKD.

What they were offering is an extra couple of sp's in clash and a couple of free custom courses.  We do not need the latter and 3 more superpasses don't matter.

We won 1 goal but I am going to tell our members to ignore.  Play what they want to play, which is general philosophy of our club anyway.

Tom.

• FuturaUK
    1,370 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2023 10:50 PM

Hi Nico,

Just checked my 'goals' as it is the beginning of a new week - not the CC ones, the ones we all  have set for us as indivduals.

This 'issue' has been posted by someone else in a new post on forums, and also mentioned in discord but thought I would post on here as other posts do not always get read or replied to by 'management.

Here are my goals for today..

As mentioned in another post within these forums, if our daily goals are going to be only 2 per day and our weekly goal only 1, then it will be possible to achieve only 85 'stars' within the whole week - assuming a player completes all goals! 

To obtain 10 credits, we have to get 90 stars.. so this and and other rewards beyond are now impossible.

Was this a 'glitch' when setting the new 'CC Goals' up in the latest update?

Can this be looked at and let us all know what, if anything' is going to happen in the matter please?

Kind regards

Les

RSS