epic top golf fedora and sunglasses

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 31 2023 7:45 PM (7 replies)
  • couchpot
    928 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2023 3:22 AM

Hi,

Two questions.

1.Why is the epic top golf fedora and sunglasses part of the Top Golf Set Bonus?

2.How do you level up this item?

thanks

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 8:38 AM

1. Because it's the Epic TOP GOLF fedora and sunglasses?  What other set bonus would you expect it to be in?

2. Play lots of Coin Room games

• couchpot
    928 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 7:01 PM

Thanks for the incredibly helpful reply. 

I would expect the Top Golf fedora and sunglasses to be part of the Top Golf bonus but it is not.  I only use the Top Golf bonus apparel set and when I add this item - the bonus is removed.

I assume you mean play Coin Room games and hope to get another rare Fedora and Sunglasses.  I thought the only way may be to use the Apparel Store or the 500c unlock appearances but I may be wrong. 

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 12:29 PM

Perhaps for the Set Bonus all items not only have to be from same "manufacturer" but also from same "level" (i.e. - all have to be Common, Rare, or Epic)?  I don't dabble much with apparel but just trying to offer an explanation.

And yes, I meant that as far as I know you get your apparel upgraded by getting "R&D" points by opening boxes won in coin room games with a sponsor active.  There may be other ways that I'm unaware of I freely admit.  You may well be able to "buy" upgrades, but again I don't deal with that stuff very much.  I use the Max apparel for XP boosts (and whatever other bonuses it may come with) and mostly just stick with it and upgrade it with coins whenever the game tells me I have an upgrade available (right after a coin room win).

The 500c thing you mentioned is just what you said - it allows you to wear the wardrobe of choice but keep the attributes of something else (i.e - you want the driver distance attribute the of SE hat but want the appearance of the fedora/sunglasses)

You may be able to find more info regarding your specific question here:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/661183.aspx

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 1:27 PM

BlackBogey:
    Perhaps for the Set Bonus all items not only have to be from same "manufacturer" but also from same "level" (i.e. - all have to be Common, Rare, or Epic)?  I don't dabble much with apparel but just trying to offer an explanation.

This is correct. 

@couchpot:  If you click the information icon (circle-i) next to Set Bonus: Topgolf, you should see the following:

So you would have to have your 5 equipped Topgolf apparel items be either all Common, all Rare, or all Epic in order to get the Set Bonus, and the items you have equipped would all have to be at least Level 4.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 2:14 PM

So now my interest is piqued - what is "Wildcard" apparel?

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 4:25 PM

BlackBogey:

I believe Wildcard apparel is the stuff with that * symbol next to it. 

I don't think the Wildcard apparel functionality is working properly.  I tried substituting a Wildcard item for my 5th Topgolf item, and when I did, my Set Bonus went from 5/5 to 4/5.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 7:45 PM

SamSpayed:

BlackBogey:

I believe Wildcard apparel is the stuff with that * symbol next to it. 

I don't think the Wildcard apparel functionality is working properly.  I tried substituting a Wildcard item for my 5th Topgolf item, and when I did, my Set Bonus went from 5/5 to 4/5.

OK, so wildcard are probably things you win from WGT giveaways (Lexus shirt you got for playing in whatever event that was) and/or possibly buy from the pro shop (Loudmouth, Puma, etc...)? 

Also, while I was just playing around, I noticed that if I have all MAX Common gear equipped my set bonus is 5/5.  Then when I "select" another MAX item by clicking it, say a MAX Epic hat, it shows 4/5, but then when I hit "Equip" it goes back to 5/5.  So that is strange, seems to go against the previous screenshot posted.

Edit** Just noticed also, I don't have that Wildcard message when I click on the circle i icon.  Also when I equip a * item, my set bonus goes to 4/5, which seems to go exactly against what the message says, lol.  Hard to tell what all works and what all is messed up from all the "updates"

RSS