Help › Forums

Forfeit glitch during Sharktooth Showdown

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 2 2023 7:01 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • beaverMakerofDam
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:27 PM

I got error code 1072 on the last hole of the opening 3 about to go 2 under. Instead the game wouldn't recover from the glitch and I came back on to see that I was even par through 3... Very unfortunate.

I realize this is not supposed to occur during showdown events as this has happened to me a couple of times before. In those instances the game continued and I played to finish alone. 

It may have something to do with being in chat box mode as the opponent forfeits. I was typing a message to him as he left. If anyone has any idea of why/how the glitch takes place I would appreciate the info...probably just going to turn off chat functionality during showdowns just in case for now.

I've already sent a clip to WGT services...the cursory response so far is "the EA team is going to look into it"

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 10:15 AM

Yup. my opponent forfeited and the game went to retry or cancel. Retry wasn't working so cancel brought me back to the lobby not having played the loop which cost me 1 shot as i played it in 2 under after instead of 3.Big difference 1 shot in showdowns

• beaverMakerofDam
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 10:51 AM

Yes 1 or 2 shots is very detrimental especially if your goal is to win. Just started playing in the Veteran bracket..losing 2 strokes there can easily cost you 10+spots (on the final day) with it being full of very good players. Can't imagine what the expert bracket is like.

Curious, were you chatting or did you chat with your opponent at any point during that forfeit match?

Thanks

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 12:48 PM

PRIESTESS:
    Retry wasn't working so cancel brought me back to the lobby

If that happens again, you may want to try closing out the game window, without hitting retry or cancel. When my opponents have forfeited during showdowns, that is what I do. Each time, so far, it brings me back to the game reconnect screen, my opponent's time runs out to re-join and I can continue playing, where I left off, and finish the remaining holes.

So far, this seems to be the only "workaround" the "bogey glitch". I have read where this has not worked for others, but it appears to be the best way to deal with the situation.

• mingos01
    3,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2023 4:00 AM

PRIESTESS:

Yup. my opponent forfeited and the game went to retry or cancel. Retry wasn't working so cancel brought me back to the lobby not having played the loop which cost me 1 shot as i played it in 2 under after instead of 3.Big difference 1 shot in showdowns

it happened to me so much times,...that never i ll play SHOWDOWN  again...tired !!!

Luis

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 10:33 AM

mingos01:

PRIESTESS:

it happened to me so much times,...that never i ll play SHOWDOWN  again...tired !!!

Luis

Don't let them beat ya Luis. Wgt will fix the bug :)

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 10:33 AM

HamdenPro:

PRIESTESS:
    Retry wasn't working so cancel brought me back to the lobby

If that happens again, you may want to try closing out the game window, without hitting retry or cancel. When my opponents have forfeited during showdowns, that is what I do. Each time, so far, it brings me back to the game reconnect screen, my opponent's time runs out to re-join and I can continue playing, where I left off, and finish the remaining holes.

So far, this seems to be the only "workaround" the "bogey glitch". I have read where this has not worked for others, but it appears to be the best way to deal with the situation.

Thanks For the tip:) I,l try that next time. x

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 10:36 AM

beaverMakerofDam:

Yes 1 or 2 shots is very detrimental especially if your goal is to win. Just started playing in the Veteran bracket..losing 2 strokes there can easily cost you 10+spots (on the final day) with it being full of very good players. Can't imagine what the expert bracket is like.

Curious, were you chatting or did you chat with your opponent at any point during that forfeit match?

Thanks

WGT did fix the forfeit bug a while back so i was surprised when it happened.. At least it never deducted the score for 3 bogies which it did before ,but i had to play that loop again and its wasn't an easy loop either lol

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 11:11 AM

PRIESTESS:
    Wgt will fix the bug :)

• mik11235
    55 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 12:45 PM

yup, exactly the same, and the first 3 holes of the showdown. Cost me 2 birdies and maybe more, because after that, it pissed me off so much I didn't want to play. Didn't bother to report it as these things happen too often.

• PAGES
RSS