Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown royale

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 13 2023 2:16 AM (26 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 10:58 AM

Personally , I won’t play this again . I am not a regular in veteran , and I don’t like only having 20 in a group . This isn’t a criticism of WGT for doing this new format , just my feedback. 20 is not enough , and the cutoff line in the second round of only top 5 , just doesn’t cut any slack . Admittedly the fee to play was only 50 and not 100 , but you have not done enough to make it attractive as a way forward , in my opinion. 

• Rapbuck
    207 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 5:42 PM

100% agree.  

• ALAN73WHU
    36 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2023 6:53 AM

seems easier to qualify imho the way its set up now but maybe final round be different

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 10:18 AM

bossbird:

Personally , I won’t play this again . I am not a regular in veteran , and I don’t like only having 20 in a group . This isn’t a criticism of WGT for doing this new format , just my feedback. 20 is not enough , and the cutoff line in the second round of only top 5 , just doesn’t cut any slack . Admittedly the fee to play was only 50 and not 100 , but you have not done enough to make it attractive as a way forward , in my opinion. 

I was very fortunate to get a top 10 in qualifying. Even more fortunate to get a top 5 in elimination. Then miraculously finished 2nd. 

Did not play anywhere near my best game at any stage. Just plain luck that my competition seemed to struggle more than I did. The small field made it appear easier to my eyes. 

One thing to consider, there were many times the number of 1st place winners in this format and many more players won something.  

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 12:20 PM

Duphpherer:

bossbird:

I was very fortunate to get a top 10 in qualifying. Even more fortunate to get a top 5 in elimination. Then miraculously finished 2nd. 

Did not play anywhere near my best game at any stage. Just plain luck that my competition seemed to struggle more than I did. The small field made it appear easier to my eyes. 

One thing to consider, there were many times the number of 1st place winners in this format and many more players won something.  

And the fact that I got through to final round and finished third , doesn’t actually change my feelings about the restricted showdown. I still won’t play it again , even though I finished third . 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 12:50 PM

I'm sure WGT is looking for feedback good and bad. Glad to see they are mixing things up and trying something new. 

Always wondered why the showdown format includes the H2H coin rooms, the coin match means nothing and you get folks forfeiting because their opponent looks like bully. ha

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 12:56 PM

My question is, since we are playing coin games against various players who are not in tournament, how does WGT guarantee equity?  Are all entries playing the same courses and conditions given that it is random?  I doubt it.

• Tekomax
    56 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 1:13 PM

~

• Blue588
    273 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 4:05 PM

RSS