Forums

Help › Forums

WGT golf is fun

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 20 2023 3:29 PM (5 replies)
  • JZoll2
    23 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2023 5:57 AM

There is no point in getting angry after bad results, it's just a game and a great distraction from all the troubles in the world around us these days.
    Just like the real game, you don't always know where that ball is going no matter how well you thought you hit it.

I am 72 yrs old and found this game in 2018. I broke my ankle badly that year and had to abandon my favorite game, online racing (similar to iRacing) because I couldn't do the pedals. When the flash version ended I quit for about a year or so. Now that I'm back things seem much different. I played multiplayer stroke games almost exclusively back then but now coin games, tourneys, goals and achievements seem to be the way to go. It seems much harder to find multiplayer games these days. I think it would be nice to add some kind of incentive for multiplayer stroke play.. like modest coin or credit rewards for winning. There might be plenty of low stakes gamblers out there (like myself) that might be willing to pay maybe 20 coins or 5 credits to play.

I haven't explored the club thing yet, thinking I wouldn't want to be tied to any schedules but I would welcome suggestions as to why joining a club could be fun.

Another good thing is my wife didn't care too much for all the time I spent racing but she likes WGT. She hasn't beat me yet but she's improving quickly.

We are headed out right now for a round of real golf.. where I rarely beat her!

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2023 10:35 AM

Love your positive outlook on the game!! Would do us all good to have a little more of that attitude...

JZoll2:
    I haven't explored the club thing yet, thinking I wouldn't want to be tied to any schedules but I would welcome suggestions as to why joining a club could be fun.

Everyone has varied reasons for joining or not joining a Country Club, For me I was similar feeling in that I hated being tied into Having to do this or that, BUT there are many clubs that ask/require nothing while providing a way for you to make your own tourneys, have putter/shot pal for free, have access to information quicker than through forums. It also makes finding multiplayer games easier. There really is no downside except some clubs have a lot of internal drama but as long as you avoid that being in a CC is a win for you as a player.

• pmm711
    5,520 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2023 12:33 PM

JZoll2:

JZoll2,

I asked Marion, aka Ladychipper to send you an invite to our club, The Peoples Club.  There's no rules...just enjoy.  Look for that invite and I hope your wife joins too.  You guys will love it.

Paul

EDIT:  I believe your wife is RZoll2 so I asked Marion to send an invite to her too.

• Ladychipper
    22,706 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2023 3:29 PM

Hello JZoll2,

I am going to send you a friend request so can send you a personal message. This way you can see if you would like to join The People's Club.

There are many benefits to joining a Country Club.  I think the best benefit is the helpful members we have in TPC.  You can ask away in our forum and always get a good reply.  You also have the benefit of free putter pal and shot pal.  Then there are the many tournaments that are set up by our owner and some of our club members.  So there is lots to do and love about our club.  I have been with TPC for 10 years and still love it.

Anyway, I will send that friend invite so we can talk more and perhaps your wife would be interested in joining our club as well.  We have a few openings right now.

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

RSS