Forums

Help › Forums

Needed improvement to ShowDown rules

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 30 2023 2:39 PM (5 replies)
  • DammitJanett
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 5:43 AM

Can we do something about folks quitting in coin games during a showdown?

It's gotten better, but I'm seeing an increase of "ERROR 1072" messages.  [This time right after an opponent ("BillMac1") hit his approach shot in the water.  Instead of putting for Eagle -- thanks to ERROR 1072 -- I was given a bogey on the hole -- enough to move me from a tie for 1st to 11th place.)  

"An error 1072 is a server error caused by either a lack of permissions or invalid token being sent to the server."  I'm guessing that is caused by a rage quit and no response from one of the players.  

Anything you can do to not penalize the remaining player would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 1:13 PM

Ok,there rockyhorror this issue has been discussed to death.(see search bar) . The second part i have sort of an issue with ,in that wasn't that a qualifying round? So what differance does it make if you where 1st or whatever as long as you qualified?

• DammitJanett
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2023 5:19 AM

Thanks -- new to forum, should have searched first.

RE: Qualifying round -- agree, doesn't really matter.  However, this happens in final rounds too.  I finally had had enough and decided to register for the forum and post my displeasure.

Beyond being extremely discourteous -- this intentional crashing can impact your opponent's ability to compete.  The result is -- players like myself that probably should enter at a higher and more expensive level (e.g. "Veteran") -- won't do it.  We just enter "Rookie" because we don't want to risk more than the 10 credits and get stuck with Error 1072 bogies which immediately take you out of contention.  This ends up impacting everybody as the casual player now has to contend with Legends shooting sub 60 rounds playing in a "rookie" show down.  

Thanks for letting me vent.  

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2023 11:22 AM

DammitJanett:

We just enter "Rookie" because we don't want to risk more than the 10 credits and get stuck with Error 1072 bogies which immediately take you out of contention.  This ends up impacting everybody as the casual player now has to contend with Legends shooting sub 60 rounds playing in a "rookie" show down.  

It's not just Legends that enter the Rookie division.  Many upper-tiered players do also, including some Tour Champions.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2023 2:39 PM

my fix is to not play showdowns till it is fixed.

ZERO participation would hopefully get WGT's attention.

RSS