Help › Forums

Clash Course Rotation

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 7 2023 2:23 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • beerstine
    665 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2023 1:44 AM

In nearly every Clash recently, my club has been “randomly” assigned the same course repeatedly.  In this one, we’ve had Olympic F9 4 out of 6 times, 3 times in a row just on Thursday.  There should be a revision in the Clash structure to ensure a rotation of courses that provides more uniform conditions for each club.

All clubs should play the same course during each 4 hour Clash window, with each of the 6 chosen courses getting a 4 hour window per day.  All clubs would get to play each course once a day.  Rotating the courses on Friday allows players with different time zones and schedules more opportunity to play each course at least once during their typical playing times.  Each player has a chance to play a free pass on each course twice on this schedule.

Thursday

• Midnight-4AM.  Course 1
    • 4AM-8AM.  Course 2
    • 8AM-Noon. Course 3
    • Noon-4PM.  Course 4
    • 4PM-8PM.  Course 5
    • 8PM-Midnight.  Course 6

Friday

• Midnight-4AM.   Course 4
    • 4AM-8AM. Course 5
    • 8AM-Noon.  Course 6
    • Noon-4PM.  Course 1
    • 4PM-8PM.  Course 2
    • 8PM-Midnight.  Course 3

Yes, I know there would need to be some significant reprogramming needed to make this happen, but since Clash is probably WGT’s biggest ball hit and pass buying generator, it would be in their interest to keep players engaged and make their purchases in a way that benefits rather than bores them.  It's a proposal I expect to get nowhere.

• sesky
    3,290 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2023 7:49 AM

Totally agree and should have been the norm right from the start. One of the main reasons why I don't clash anymore. You are also correct that you will have a better chance of winning Powerball than seeing the idea ever being put into place.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2023 11:53 AM

Agree ! Particularly when par 5 is in the mix , look at the difference between playing Olympic with no par 5 on the front 9 , compared to a par five course ! 

• beerstine
    665 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2023 1:31 PM

A primary benefit would be neutralizing out the scoring disparities between clubs that get "drawn" into particularly easy or harder courses.   Puts the onus back on participation levels and overall skill.

• sean1344
    65 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2023 8:47 AM

Never, ever, thought about this. Thankyou. 

So to reiterate - cause I'm a simpleton - we as a club might play a totally different set of courses to another club? We've just been 'randomly' drawn Chambers 3 times on the spin. So while that's happening, another club might be on PGA? and not play Chambers at all in the same clash? 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 6:48 AM

sean1344:

Never, ever, thought about this. Thankyou. 

So to reiterate - cause I'm a simpleton - we as a club might play a totally different set of courses to another club? We've just been 'randomly' drawn Chambers 3 times on the spin. So while that's happening, another club might be on PGA? and not play Chambers at all in the same clash? 

That is correct , all draws are random , but over a period of several clashes , some you win with the draws some you lose. It is just the way it is. 

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 9:18 AM

Question -- Regarding the clash.  Is there a set schedule?   Seems every other weekend seem to be the 'norm'.   Thanks

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 5:19 PM

BingoBen:
    Seems every other weekend seem to be the 'norm'.   Thanks

"Bingo"

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 10:17 PM

callaghan159:

BingoBen:
    Seems every other weekend seem to be the 'norm'.   Thanks

"Bingo"

More like Thursday and Friday in the US and Europe.   “Weekend” in Australia and Asia.

• PAGES
RSS