Help › Forums

A few random ideas

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 15 2023 4:19 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2023 7:34 AM

Would be nice to have on the Home Screen, a notification button of current online visibility status. I'm in between 0 invites, or a flood of them- never remember where my status was at last.

Another helpful status indicator, would be on the Country Club button. If club is in an active Turf War or Clash, just to give a visual reference.(Just change font color?)

Lastly (for now), when loading players in Alt matches, would be helpful to be able to see their Country Club, as higher end CC's usually have higher end players. Since tier and level are generally insignificant, knowing club would be helpful (IMO).

Ark

PS One more I forgot- When playing Alt, we can choose what lowest level we want in settings, but why not set highest will accept? I join games, and get booted for being Champion, would rather not get booted, then try to find new game, find same game, get booted, rinse, repeat.....

Maybe do like was in old card games I used to play-  host sets up a game, and sets the parameters they want, When players join, they can see the settings and stay or leave. Just a thought

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 8:15 AM

Here's another suggestion/gripe:

How come my notebook information does not transfer when I play a; Best of round? 

I open my notebook and there is 0 there in the app, I have to open it on the website, and then scroll through every hole of every course to find info. 

On a timed match, something I have purchased has become worthless

Ark

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 10:40 AM

arkage57:
    When playing Alt, we can choose what lowest level we want in settings, but why not set highest will accept? I join games, and get booted for being Champion, would rather not get booted, then try to find new game, find same game, get booted, rinse, repeat.....

May I suggest to start your own alt game and then no one can boot you and you have the ability to boot the ones you dont want to play. Cheers

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 11:28 AM

I do from time to time, but from my previous experience in card rooms, why have a bunch of unfilled, open invite "groups", when you can just help fill another?

It's kind of frustrating when WGT reports "millions of players worldwide" and then you time out over and over, because you can't ever fill a 4some.

I appreciate the players, who, when there is a non filled group that times out, resets, and invites you back.

Appreciate the response (at least I know someone reads things posted here...)

Ark

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 1:11 PM

arkage57:
    I do from time to time, but from my previous experience in card rooms, why have a bunch of unfilled, open invite "groups", when you can just help fill another?

Discord is what many clubs use and it does help fill this gap

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 2:20 PM

I'm on Discord, but the WGT channel got a bit overwhelming and underwhelming, all at the same time. Couldn't take it anymore.

I'm just looking to play with random partners (for the most part) and meet some other players.  Should be a big enough group playing that finding a random game isn't all that hard.

TBH, pair me with a Tour Pro, I don't care. Not like we're playing for money.  Just wish I didn't spend half an hour to find a match some nights.

Ark

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 3:56 PM

arkage57:

I'm on Discord, but the WGT channel got a bit overwhelming and underwhelming, all at the same time. Couldn't take it anymore.

I'm just looking to play with random partners (for the most part) and meet some other players.  Should be a big enough group playing that finding a random game isn't all that hard.

TBH, pair me with a Tour Pro, I don't care. Not like we're playing for money.  Just wish I didn't spend half an hour to find a match some nights.

Ark, you're right.  The official WGT Discord server is a terrible place to try to find a game.

Try this server instead.  It's called Discord Open Golf.  Might be a little easier for you to find a game there.

https://discord.gg/Y8F6tS63Tu

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2023 7:25 PM

Thank you, sir. I will check it out.

Ark

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2023 2:35 AM

Ark, if you are still interested in a visibility status indicator, have a look at this, click.

• PAGES
RSS