Forums

Help › Forums

WGT handicapping

Thu, Dec 29 2022 3:20 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • boonranger0
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2022 12:45 PM

How many 9 hole or 18 hole games do you have to play to to get a handicap? I have played 12 9 or 18 hole games and my handicap is still the default 150. Anyone know?

• Kalliste
    1,405 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 3:28 PM

Hi there

that `handicap` as you call it is your average. Yes it is 150. If you look at your scoring you will see that there are no scores listed. You are probably only playing in the coin rooms games. 

I would suggest that you join a Country Club and start to play what is known as ranked games over 9 or 18 holes. It is these ranked rounds that count as `official` games for your average.

If you play just one 9 hole game in a ranked round and score say a 40 then your average will drop like a stone to around 80. If you can score a 36 over 9 holes in your first ranked round then your average will drop to just 72 and you will feel very proud of yourself.

Just playing in coin rooms will get you promoted eventually to amateur and then upward to pro and tour pro etc but I think I am right in saying that coin room games will not affect your average as coin room games are different to ranked rounds.

Also  in ranked rounds , if you play the par 3 courses or the par 5 courses, they do not alter your average for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps and I am sure some other enlightened players will explain this to you better than I have tried to do.

Happy hitting.

Listee

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 3:43 PM

Bless you Listee for going to all that trouble, but I think we may have another bot here.  : (

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 8:15 PM

Looks like he joined WGT yesterday. Surprised he isn't Tour Champ yet.  

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 3:01 AM

... and either a <snipped> or an illegal multi...

boonranger0:
    I have played 12 9 or 18 hole games
    Any single 9 hole game would provide enough XPs to go to Level 4, but he's still at L1 @29 XPs max.

And, as luck has it, there is another player of the same nationality, only missing the final digit from this name. A Pro of L46...

• boonranger0
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 5:45 AM
    Thanks for the info. I usually only play the coin games as I only play for a few minutes here and there. I had to login using a second version of my original as I can’t reset my password as it is tied to an old email address that doesn’t exist anymore.
  • Kalliste
    1,405 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 6:24 AM

Thanks for that.... yet another `bot` then. 

Listee

x

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2022 12:03 AM

boonranger0:
    I usually only play the coin games as I only play for a few minutes here and there.
    Still, it doesn't match.

The older account has some average, and you named strokeplay rounds. Clearly, some strokeplay has been played.

The newer account, OTOH, hasn't seen more than - perhaps - a few coin games(?)

Sh*t happens, and I fear that nobody can help if the old account is unaccessible.

IMHO, you should avoid any reference to that and center your questions on the experiences with the new account, as double accounts, "multiusers", are reason for WGT to expell both of them.

• Kalliste
    1,405 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2022 5:43 AM

Ooops again, 

I was replying to Scott and it looks like I posted at the very time as boonranger0

Listee

x

• PAGES
RSS