Forums

Help › Forums

FINNYS WORLD CUP 2023 OFFICIAL FORUM

Thu, Apr 18 2024 12:52 PM (1,683 replies)
  • LLLlloyd88
    176 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2023 11:55 AM

What a great match with WhirlawayNow-Matt. Hopefully somebody got to watch it on Discord. Great match Matt, nail biter to the end. Could of gone either way.

LLLlloyd88 1 up over WhirlawayNow on the 19th hole

• Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2023 2:05 AM

Two absolute great matches to start of the World Cup Final!

Tie #1599 - LLllloyd88 beats Whirlaway 19 Holes

Tie#1598 - Holelion beats DoubleEagleRob

Tie#1605 - Irishking1916 beats Tabarnak777 1up

Tie#1604 - Shaleo83 beats LeeJackson4 21 Holes

Tie#1605 - Aliesen beats JeffH1965 4up

Tie#1597 ECC370 beats Forrrrrrr 4up

Tie#1603 Yonexgolfer82 beats PTrenter

Tie#1601 NicoZandberg beats R4Ys 1up

SEL Thunderchickens 5-3 TPB Savages

• scullsie
    284 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2023 12:48 AM

Plate Final Tie #1606

Scullsie def. MrGOREBLIMEY

• DanC2807
    964 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2023 9:42 PM

Was on fire tonight in Plate Finals match with Ilikesteak.

Five and four win for Theeghostriders.

Thanks for the match, Steak.  Caught me on a HOT night for sure.

• Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2023 10:53 AM

Im not going to go into to much details on the match, but I think its fair to say I won this by an inch. The game was tight throughout with him leading for the first 7 holes, and then me having a few lucky breaks and going 2up thru 11. I managed to hold onto the lead, up until the 18th. I came up way short on my approach on the last, and missed my 20ft putt. Naim then had a 12ft to take the game to extras.... and it literally ran over the hole.

NicoZandberg wins 1up.

Tx Naim for a great game.

• bader76
    912 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 2:44 AM

FINNY'S WORLD CUP 2023 

Final Review 

Cup Final result 

SEL Thunder Chickens Beat TPB Savage with one match still to play to win the 2023 Finny’s world cup Final.

Plate Final result

LFG Jeremys beat Thee GhostRiders In the deciding match to win the 2023 Finny’s world cup - plate Final.

Well done to all the players that were involved in this year's World cup and to make it the biggest World cup to date with the mix of the PC and Mobile players being able to play against each other on match play, hope to see you all again next year for the Finny’s world cup 10th year Anniversary and we would like to make this one even bigger than 2023.

Plus the World cup team would like to say a big thank you to Nigel for all his hard work in sorting the WC Website and spreadsheets for another year, also a big thankyou to Wigerwoods2010 for making up the trophies etc…..

And to the World cup team itself - 

Thank You all for your hard work this year Jess and Tom and Finny in the background supporting the Team over this year while he has his first year out.

We have all enjoyed  the highs and lows that come with running such a high level tourney within Wgt and I look forward to doing it again next year

Upsetting news - 

This will be Jess’s last year working in the World cup team. We would like to say thanks again for what you have done with the team over the past years.

Before we go, I would also like to say a big thank you to all the sponsors, This wouldn't be as much fun without you all.

I'm also going to leave this here 

Finny's World cup ‘Scroll’ of Honour of past and present winners

Thank you all for playing in this year World cup 

WC TEAM 

PS - The 2023-2024-ceverett-alt-shot-world-championship

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 5:24 AM

A big congrats to the ThunderChickens and SEL woo hoo A special tip of the hat to Capt. Thunderpants lol woo hoo

-Dotty

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 6:54 AM

Massive congrats to Nico and the Thunderchickens for bringing the Cup home, and commiserations to Eric and his band of Savages for just missing out. Very, very well played all of you.

Kudos also to David and his fellow Jeremy's for their down-to-the-wire victory in the Plate, just pipping mihtymouse79 and the GhostRiders to the trophy!

A big tip of the hat to PuddyWoods for finishing top of the ranking this year.

And a broad thank you to all of the 573 players who took part in this year's competition! That's amazing, and another reason why this is the biggest and best competition on WGT.

Huge props to Carl for leading the way as chief oragniser this year and fully taking over the mantle from Finny. It's an enormous amount of work across a large chunk of the year, including all the pre-season prep work, setting up and running the Discord channels, and so much more. Big up to you Carl.

Thanks and great appreciation also to Tom and Jess for being such amazing admins, and the many, many hours of work they have also put in to make sure that it all runs as smoothly as possible. Jess has managed this whilst also being the owner of SEL, as if that didn't keep her busy enough. Bravo!

More terrific artwork from Johnny (WigerToods2010) again this year too, which all helps put some serious gloss on the event.

And finally, thank you from me for the kind words about the spreadsheets and website to record this event. I stopped playing on WGT a couple of years ago but it feels good to still have this connection and be part of a tournament that brings so many people together, is played in such good spirit, and where new friendships are made, just as Finny always intended.

Cheers all, and see you next year!

Nigel.

• amateur4sure
    2,196 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2023 7:03 AM

Big applause to the Chickens for an epic performance in winning Finny`s WC

To all my ex team mates at SEL    Bravo gang, Well done & Well deserved!

Get in there Folks

Chris

• FarFoo
    2,916 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 7:12 AM

Congrats SEL for the win...  Well deserved

Thanks to everyone who ran the WC, another huge success.

RSS