Help › Forums

12/17/09 System Patch

Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:52 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:53 AM

Duchaine:
    ok but i dont see the reputation now. where i suppose to see other reputation ???

It's cancelled for now so they can fix it. Until they do, you can join the Ladders Site where quitting is not tolerated. That site also has Karma ratings, they work fine over there.

• murducas
    65 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:37 AM

The Murducas Reputation System 

May i first say i am a player who tries to complete all ranked rounds in multiplayer that i take part in.

But i am not that annoyed by quitters, i understand there are numerous reasons for quitting and though most quits are clearly frustrated disconnects, i am cool with this.

I understand WGT can not witness every game and give Reputation or lower it, by judging if it was a freeze or a computer fault etc. (Though i did hear of a site called tru- gamer can identify between quits and disconnects)

However i do think they should introduce a Reputation, but do it like this ;
    (Multiplayer Only)

After surveying a few players in multiplayer games most are annoyed by early quits (1st -3rd holes) and less so by people who quit on last holes, so as not to effect average

Say all players start with 100 Reputation points and you can never get higher than this amount (100 being the most respected, least likely to quit)

Example for 9 holes

For leaving on Hole 1   -10 (Reputation points)  

H2  -8  /  H3  -7  / H4   -6   / H5   -5 / H6   -4  / H7  -3 /  H8 -2  /  H9 -1

IF you finish a round you should be awarded +5 reputation points (9holes)  whatever your score, but if you are already 100 points, you score will just not be altered 

Obviously some people who face legitimate quits will complain but over time this should even out and you should be left with a fair average of your multiplayer game Reputation.

It also means players who go further will not lose many reputation points and caneasily get them back my completing just 1 round (+5)   This will also limit the players who always quit on 9th so as not to effect average, by forcing them to complete a few, to keep there reputation at a decent level.

This is only for Multilayer, but i think this system is easily applicable and fair

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:57 AM

Wow, murducas, I realize you're probably impressed with your own plan but posting it in 6 different threads and dragging up posts that are 9 months old is a bit much.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 5:01 AM

LoL! I Just noticed this thread is almost a year old. Initially I thought we were going to get the rep bar back shortly. How disappointing.

• murducas
    65 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 7:34 AM

Yankee jim, i am pretty happy with it

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:52 AM

Faterson:
    Reputation tracking is a feature for the non-quitting players, so that they can avoid getting into multi-player rounds with quitters. That's all it's about, and reputation tracking will serve that purpose wonderfully, once it is implemented correctly.

The reputation tracking feature would be a great feature to use with Jake's Control Group proposal.

• PAGES
RSS