Forums

Help › Forums

Presidents Cup....

Tue, Nov 22 2011 11:25 AM (24 replies)
  • Jaygo610
    6 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2011 9:55 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is tired of hearing about, Woods, Scott, & Williams. Really, is getting old now. Do they really need rates that bad to play on this drama, witch to me seems as if there just making a big deal out of nothing. I just feel like the media is making the fictitious rivalry that just doesn't exist to gain viewers. At  least for myself its about the best players in the world getting down and dirty! LET IT GO & LET THEM PLAY!!! 

• shootermgavin1
    6 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 1:41 AM

Just watched them shaking hands here in Oz after their alternate shots round in the Pres Cup....looked all happy to me.

I agree get on with the GAME, the Americans and International Team are all good mates anyway .

• noname3412
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:26 AM

Jaygo,

Today came and went...

7 and 6 is quite a beating...

I live in Melbourne and might get down to the course this weekend..

Tomorrow (friday) the couse will play a lot harder with 20-30 mph winds and the greens will get faster as well.

I think you are going to see a number of embarrased pro's as the course bites back...

The course plays a lot like St Andrews with the some of the design concepts from Augusta (the same guy designed both courses). but its best defense is its glass (very very fast) like greens.

Hope you enjoy it.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:39 AM

Guys, is there a promo code for the free balls for the Presidents Cup?

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 10:21 AM

Jaygo610:
    I just feel like the media is making the fictitious rivalry that just doesn't exist to gain viewers.

Ya' think??  Gee, the media wouldn't ever do something like that would they? 

Of course, if they were really smart.....they would have paid Tiger to sucker-punch him after holing out on 18....which would start the obligatory bench-clearing brawl....and result in some kickass ratings!

Talk about a missed opportunity for some serious attention-whoring.  I'm guessing that Kim K isn't advising them on these things, huh?

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 10:38 AM

I don't believe you need a code, cb.  They should be automatically added to your bag if you purchase $20 in credits (assuming you're a TM or Legend...gotta love the fine print).

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 5:51 PM

im enoying watching this. the conditions today are CRAZY!! couldnt imagine playing on that course .. the pros are having tough times.. but some amazing shots are happening

tired of the steve williams thing too... they taking it way too far

• Jaygo610
    6 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 7:49 PM

I agree those greens, they look to have a black tint to um.You see how fast they are? i could even imagine playing on them! Its does same as if there having a hard time, but it also looks as if there having a ton of fun out there. You look at Bubba, he always same to have a big smile on his face!!!! 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2011 7:57 PM

paulshack:
    . the conditions today are CRAZY!! couldnt imagine playing on that course

Played on the course once a couple of years back charity day. Winds was the same as today , Greens where soft that day.

The course they are playing on is a mix of two courses , I believe Royal melb by memory has 3 courses WEST , EAST , COMPOSITE and for major tournaments they mix holes from 2 or 3 courses.

RSS