Forums

Help › Forums

Time for a real tourney.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 28 2022 11:54 AM (5 replies)
  • Fist2k8
    22 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 11:50 AM

WGT cater for the wealthy willing to spend spend spend there is no doubt about that.

If they really wanted to give all player a fair chance of winning a tourney they would put up a brand new course no one had played before. Each player gets one chance. No slow meter balls and everyone gets the same set of clubs. No apex clubs or the like only those available to everyone at the moment.

I would bet my life no one but no one in 25mps winds and proper fast greens would break 61 the current woirld record at St Andrews.

But the big spenders and WGT don't want that do they?

• callaghan159
    5,817 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:49 PM

Join a club and set that  type of tournament for the club members and there's your real tournament. Cheers

• SamSpayed
    4,345 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 4:59 PM

callaghan159:

Join a club and set that  type of tournament for the club members and there's your real tournament. Cheers

And, as luck would have it, callaghan's club is recruiting new members ­čÖé

Fist2k8:
    If they really wanted to give all player a fair chance of winning a tourney they would put up a brand new course no one had played before. Each player gets one chance. No slow meter balls and everyone gets the same set of clubs.

If you do join a club (like Brian's) and set up a tournament, I'd suggest setting one up using the Set of the Week.  That way everyone is playing with the same set of clubs.  You can also set it up to be single-play.  Unfortunately, it won't be on a brand new course, and you can't control what ball people use when they play your tournament.

• MarchieB
    1,428 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 2:01 AM

Fist2k8:
    I would bet my life no one but no one in 25mps winds and proper fast greens would break 61 the current woirld record at St Andrews.

What does it matter??!!  
    Even if your scenario resulted in the WGT “elite” players scores going from 50 to 65, what do you think is going to happen to your current scores of 70+? They’re going to be 90+!!!
    Scores from one level of player skills to the next are all relative so what does having higher scores across the board accomplish?

• PureGro1
    1,367 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 6:32 AM

MarchieB:

Fist2k8:

What does it matter??!!  
    Even if your scenario resulted in the WGT “elite” players scores going from 50 to 65, what do you think is going to happen to your current scores of 70+? They’re going to be 90+!!!
    Scores from one level of player skills to the next are all relative so what does having higher scores across the board accomplish?

+1000....Its pretty goofy

• pdb1
    23,980 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 11:54 AM

Fist2k8:
    WGT cater for the wealthy willing to spend spend spend there is no doubt about that.

Not too many wealthy players . But players that will spend a couple bucks .

If a player goes all out . In a 10 year span . They could easily spend several thousand dollars . Some might say it's a small price to pay to have fun . You can't take it with you .

Fist2k8:
    If they really wanted to give all player a fair chance of winning a tourney they would put up a brand new course no one had played before. Each player gets one chance. No slow meter balls and everyone gets the same set of clubs. No apex clubs or the like only those available to everyone at the moment.

Unrealistic on so many levels .

They don't want to give all players a chance of winning a tournament .

Players have to arrange that for themselves . If that is their desire . Or part of their agenda .

Some would want no part of it . Some would not even hear about it .

Fist2k8:

That would not be a smart bet . I am sure the record is much lower than that . Here in WGT . Many shoot in the 50's . I even did back in the day . With worse conditions than you desribe . Do not confuse real life stats and records with what is possible here in WGT .

RSS