Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for a good fit

Mon, Sep 19 2022 2:32 PM (8 replies)
  • Tony08888
    568 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 9:51 AM

I’m looking for a club that is a good fit for both of us. A club where players are only encouraged to play how and when they want. I have the equipment I need so XP’s are not important to me. Maybe a higher level club that isn’t concerned with XP’s might be the answer but I am not apposed to a lower level club as long as XP earning is not a requirement. I have not missed a consecutive day in three and a half years and if I ever do I wouldn’t expect that to be the club’s concern.

I rarely play Turf Wars and Clashes unless I feel froggy. That seems to be important for some clubs so throwing it out there, that is not my cup of tea.

I do love the game and always striving to get better with the ultimate goal of regularly finishing in the top 10 monthly tournaments.

A few musts for my future home club…

A group of decent people that do not belittle others because they disagree with them or have a different playing style and an owner with the grit to deal with those who do.

A club with a Discord channel or another platform to communicate with members. The WGT club forum, WGT messaging, and the club chat feature are poor ways to communicate.

A club where members are free to set up CC tournaments right out of the gate without having to ask permission.

A club with regular payout tournaments is nice but not a deal killer.

I must come in straightaway as a Member but Veteran is preferred.  I’m not interested in joining a club as a Recruit.  I am a TC who understands the game and plays at a decent level. It is understandable if a certain amount of time must pass before becoming a Veteran. However, if a certain amount of XP’s are required, a certain amount of Clash points, or any of that type of stuff to reach Veteran status, then I am not interested in joining that club.

I have been in a few CC’s since I’ve been playing and for the most part all have been good experiences. However, I have yet to find a club without some sort of “must do” requirement to be in good standing. I’m looking for that elusive no pressure club that only expects its members to be fairly active.

If you are an owner of this elusive club please send me a message and we can go from there. 

~Tony

• jimmiespencer
    254 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 10:33 AM

Come over to our club Tony, Nice & Friendly. We have all that you want.

Jimmie

• Tony08888
    568 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 10:43 AM
    Hey there Jimmie. Long time. N&F is a great club but right now you guys are maxed out with members.
  • billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 11:47 AM

give the Bushwackers a try. we have everything youre looking for

• callaghan159
    6,225 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 1:24 PM

Try Eagles and Birds CC....we are a small club of 4. Play as you want  and when you want . Clashes and Turf Wars are not for me. If want to play them, fill your boots.  I only play Alt Shot and WGT weeklies so I do not set up club tournaments but any member are allowed to set up what ever they want. This is fairly new club and I started it only for I would  not have to pay WGT for the shot and putter pal. Click on join club and your in. If you dont like what you see you are free to leave with no hard feelings. Cheers.

Brian

• jimmiespencer
    254 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 2:00 PM

We can make room for you Tony. I'm sure there's a inactive member, Dave can check.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 2:13 PM

I made room for you Tony if you are still looking. The Nice and Friendly.

The only requirement is that you paly a game from time to time. Other than that just play the way you wish. 

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/689534.aspx

• Tony08888
    568 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 2:22 PM

Dave33200:

The only requirement is that you paly a game from time to time.

Thanks Dave but unfortunately that is a requirement.

Just kidding. Heading your way...... 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 2:32 PM

Hi Tony, I seen your request to join but when I clicked on it I got a error message.

I sent a invite if you would still like to join.

RSS