Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 9/12/22 ***

Wed, Sep 28 2022 12:13 PM (44 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 3:50 AM

MioKontic:
    Regarding player's stats (which, by the way, are a total mish-mash now - who really cares about separating out ranked and non-ranked rounds???), since you have separated out ranked and non-ranked rounds, it means that you must hold all our scores from the first day we played.  And if you hold our scores, why can't we have them all in our Score History too?  (And lack of server space is as bad a reason as the development team not testing the changes they make!)

Mio, I'm not entirely clear what you're saying or asking for but I'd be wary of asking for more to be done to our stats.  You're right that what we have now is a total mish-mash but they only get worse when new things are added.

To describe the recent changes; everything stroke play is counted in "total rounds played" a ranked round is also added there as well as to "ranked rounds".

To focus on a one-hole coin game now. After the update before yesterdays (30th or 31st of August I think) playing a hole this way added two rounds to your "total rounds played" (an 18-hole round would add one) it also added to your eagles, birdies etc (whatever you got).  In the last update it was changed to add one round to "total rounds played" (lol, at least allowing a proper round parity) but still adding to birdies etc.

Before the update at the end of August coin games didn't count as rounds and didn't add to the birdies etc, so the difference between rr's and total rounds is what you've done since then.  At the same time all our MP records disappeared, there were a few mentions in the forum of this after the Aug update Nico saw Yiannis's yesterday and now says "it's on his list".  

I believe where on that list is very important as more could come on, than is removed, above it.  Admittedly score history went at the same time and is now fixed but that was complained about a fair bit on discord.

I also find it a bit sad that this seems to continue the drift away from a golf game, a hole is a round!  MP is recorded as birdies etc when they aren't the object, sure the fewer strokes the more likely you are to win but the object is simply to score less than your opponent. No point in taking on a very risky shot when you know two will win you the "game".

• MioKontic
    4,606 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 5:39 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Mio, I'm not entirely clear what you're saying or asking for but I'd be wary of asking for more to be done to our stats.  You're right that what we have now is a total mish-mash but they only get worse when new things are added.

Agree 100%.  However, the change is not to stats, but to keep Score History forever rather than deleting it every few months, which I'm pretty sure is a 'manual' task in that it is probably set manually as a batch job when they feel they want to reduce the size of everyone's Score History.

DodgyPutter:
    To focus on a one-hole coin game now.

I care not about coin games, they are just mickey mouse for nothing that is of any benefit to those who want to play internet golf!  I only ever play(ed) them for Showdowns, but after the last Showdown I really can't be bothered with them now either - players forfeiting, players purposely putting off the green numerous times per hole to attempt a chip in (another downfall of the stupid G&A's!), and taking an hour to play 9 holes, which I could have done alone in 10 minutes!

DodgyPutter:
    I also find it a bit sad that this seems to continue the drift away from a golf game, a hole is a round!  MP is recorded as birdies etc when they aren't the object, sure the fewer strokes the more likely you are to win but the object is simply to score less than your opponent. No point in taking on a very risky shot when you know two will win you the "game".

Totally agree.  I got credited an eagle once on the last hole of a Showdown 3-hole game because my opponent had sunk a long putt on a par 5, even though I still had a long, missable putt myself.  WGT don't seem to understand the difference between matchplay and strokeplay!  And having played golf in America many times and listened to Americans out on the golf course, I can see why they don't understand - their perspective of a game of golf is not the same as the British perspective.

• Yiannis1970
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 6:28 AM

WGTNico:

We've opened up a ticket for matchplay stats for it to be looked into and hopefully fixed

Thank you. I believe i don't i exaggerate when i say the stats are very important for the game.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 7:56 AM

WGTNico:

We've opened up a ticket for matchplay stats for it to be looked into and hopefully fixed

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Username')

• hardwick1
    742 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 9:59 AM

I have to agree with Yiannis1970. If WGT has lost our Match Play and AS records you have thrown away some irreplaceable memories.

I thought that I had seen bad service and programing with the flash version of the game but WGT has taken things to an all time low. 

• 19015graham
    544 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 11:42 AM

Just to add a further issue. (Here’s hoping this subject has not been raised before, or that I missed it in the virtual swamp of issues my golfing colleagues have raised over the last however long it’s been ) 

On the old version of WGT we had the option of a camera view from behind the hole when our opponent was taking his/her shot, as of now and the way things are we have many restricted camera views that were useful on the older version . Most members were of the impression that the new version would be a fast improvement on the old version, and not forgetting to praise WGT for some improvements we don’t seem to have moved forward or progressed in so many aspects of this game . As mentioned in an earlier post, this game can and should be one of the very best games available . WGT, you could be at the forefront of technology with a virtual reality game that should be streets ahead of any seeming competitor. 
    Please  WGT  listen to the voices of the=many who love this game, and voice their opinions because they care !!!!! Don’t ignore please the stresses and concerns of the majority. 
    We want and hope that WGT stays at the forefront of gameplay reality….don’t continue to go backwards ….please listen and address the issues raised. 
    We are not complaining……we are just stressing our ongoing concerns and frustrations that we’re not there 5 years, 10 years and longer ago!!

Such is progress!!! 

• MioKontic
    4,606 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 12:21 PM

pdb1:

MioKontic:
    WGT don't seem to understand the difference between matchplay and strokeplay!

Or , incorporating parts of both formats is genius and sometimes confusing .

MioKontic:
    And having played golf in America many times and listened to Americans out on the golf course, I can see why they don't understand - their perspective of a game of golf is not the same as the British perspective.

But the difference is unmentionable . In the end the fact is , both are correct .

Anything else is a stereotype or an opinion .

Shows how little you know about real golf.  Seriously, unless you know what you're talking about I suggest you keep quiet!

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 12:36 PM

Yiannis1970:

DodgyPutter:

Yiannis1970:
    I believe, most people who have spent their time sharing with others this game, feel the same way as i do.

I know you're right as I imagine wgt do too but it's whether they care or not I'm not so sure about.  I asked Nico why no "achievements" for alt in particular when there are plenty for hitting double bogey, hitting it in the water etc. He suggested the latter were more important as they were available on mobile whereas alt isn't.

I know what's important for WGT DP, no worries!!

However, last time i checked, WGT was a golf simulation game. Stats are very important to players. Players compete to each other, is called sportsmanship, so stats represent the outcome and useful info of these matches. Did we change into pacman golf and i missed it?

It seems to have been Pac-Man golf for some time now when the bugs get worse and the apparel gets better. I suppose it's better to introduce those new Lululemon pants before we call the Orkin man.

Hope you get your stats back Yiannis!

• Yiannis1970
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 12:45 PM

It was a semi rhetorical question Ross. :)

Thank you very much for the wish!

RSS