Forums

Help › Forums

Where Can I See The Number of Balls I Currently Have In My Bag?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 20 2022 9:20 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 8:04 AM

I have recently returned to WGT after 2 years.....and I am finding my way around the "new" (FLASH-less) format of WGT.

This used to be an easy question but I am not finding it.... Where Can I See The Number of Balls I Currently Have In My Bag?

Right now I do not know if I have 1 or 5 or 10.  I do not want to wait for the "Last Ball/You have 1 shot left" pop-up box to appear.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 8:58 AM

Start off by clicking your profile picture in the top right of the game window...

EDIT : You're welcome and welcome back, thank you. ; )
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 9:06 AM

Thank You :-) 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 9:42 AM

ScottHope:

Start off by clicking your profile picture in the top right of the game window...

HOW PRECISE! 👍👍

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 9:52 AM

Cheers Simon.

I'll never forget how I used to feel at school sometimes when I didn't understand something or got a bit lost. I was always too timid to ask the teacher to go back over something because I just knew how the rest of the class would react. I guess that's why I try to make things as easy to follow as I can, I don't want anyone to feel the way I used to.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 10:19 AM

Oh man, Scott... I hear ya, bro. I hear ya! I was in the same way, too... just didn't have the courage to speak out. And I learned (in a hard way) that you MUST REACT if anyone tries to bully or mistreat you.

Anyway, you're doing the right thing, Scott, you're doing the right thing!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 12:42 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Always Simon, always!! Bullies' nailing is my favorite sport!! Love to hit them against the rocks like good old octopusses...

Right on, bro! Hope nobody says anything about animal cruelty and stuff, though.

What's the correct plural form of octopus BTW? Octopi, octopuses or octopodes? Damned... English is one screwed-up language. I can tell ya that. LOL

• HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 6:30 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    What's the correct plural form of octopus BTW? Octopi, octopuses or octopodes?

Octopi or Octopuses: Which Is the Plural of Octopus? | Grammarly

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 8:16 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Yiannis1970:
    Always Simon, always!! Bullies' nailing is my favorite sport!! Love to hit them against the rocks like good old octopusses...

Right on, bro! Hope nobody says anything about animal cruelty and stuff, though.

What's the correct plural form of octopus BTW? Octopi, octopuses or octopodes? Damned... English is one screwed-up language. I can tell ya that. LOL

If you want to stick with the right spelling Simon...

The word is Οκτάπους. Οκτά = eight, Πους = leg.

The plural is Οκτάποδες....Oktapodes...no puses or octopodes.

Now...the word eight in Greek is Οκτώ, but in compound words the Οκτώ becomes Οκτά. Οκτάγωνο = Octagon (eight angles), Οκτάπλευρο = octagonal (eight sides), Οκτάεδρο = octahedron etc.

Now...why The English language decided to go with octopus instead of octapus, i have no idea!!!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 10:29 AM

I never expected this kind of in-depth anatomy of the word, but thanks, Yiannis. (A word with Greek origin and a lawyer from Greece DUH! What was I thinking? LOL)

Lots were omitted and/or twisted while many vocabulary words crossed the English Channel, I guess. LOL

I still remember a French teacher told us a joke that the English preposition "OF" was originally from the French "DE", but unfortunately they dropped the list of imported words to the ocean during the English Channel crossing and it got all spread and blurry. Oh, he detested English as a language, especially pointing out the overuse of the verb BE along with the passive form. It was some 40 years ago already... Hope he's still alive and well.

Anyway, thanks again, Yiannis. Cheers.

• PAGES
RSS