Forums

Help › Forums

Level tourney play

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:35 PM (6 replies)
  • kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:46 AM

Now before I start dont bash me too bad because I am only SUGGESTING THIS LOL.  I would love to see a Tournement set up with some form of flighting based on average score not Tier.  I just reviewed the latest "PRO" level leaders in the tournements currently beiong played on WTG.  IN each case the leader in the pro division has shot at least 5 under on 9 holes and 10 to 12 under on 18 holes.  I applaude these guys and gals for their mastery of the game but feel like there is a whole group of people being left out of the "tournement loop" ..  I play a few times a week and play in the LAdders group and really enjoy it. I shoot around par most of the time with the occasional round in the 60's. But my old competetive juices still flow for tournemnet play.  When I was younger I played a lot of tournemnt golf and really enjoyed it.  But, most were flighted after the 1st  day to allow for more even competition.  I know you have sandbaggers and most tournmements tried to implement an "improvemnet rule" of say 6 stokes on the the second days round.  If you exceeded that you were automatically bumped to the next flight.  I have heard all about practicing and getting better and buying clubs to get better but some of us will never get there because we choose not to devote the time it takes and some cannot afford all the upgrades.  Please understand this is not whinning or complaing, just a suggestion that might improve play for all of us who enjoy this game.  I wish I had the time to set something like this up for those of us who might enjoy it but alas I work for a living LOL.  Maybe the WTG can look at this as a possible alternative tournement format for some of it's tournemnets later on.

With all of that said I hope all have a Happy Holidays and may God Bless,

Ken Wood

AKA Kwoody94

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:38 PM

If you are asking for a community tournament (organized & run by the community and not sponsored by WGT), then see the WGT Belt, which has tier updates about once a month and tiers are sorted by scoring average. If you're asking for a WGT-sponsored tournament (run by WGT and found by clicking "Tournaments" on the top tab-bar), then you should either send them an e-mail or post this under "General Tournament Discussions". Community tournaments are not affiliated with WGT in any way, and anything related to WGT-sponsored tournaments or not related to community tournaments should not warrant a new thread in this forum sub-section.

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 5:02 PM

Thanks for the info Gaoerfuqui.  I apologize for posting in the wrong area.  I just thought it might be something other golfers might be intersted in.  Seems There are alot of rules and protocalls I do not know when it comes to forum use.  Any way no big deal.   I will only post in areas that I am sure my suggestion apply! 

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 5:27 PM

kwoody94:

I just thought it might be something other golfers might be intersted in.

I agree, I for one am interested in this topic and I'm sure there are many others as well who are. All I'm saying is that this is the wrong area to post something like this in - it's not a crime, just an explanation of what the two sections of the forums are for. Didn't mean to sound mad at you in any way: I was trying to get the point across that, as you said, you should post in areas where your suggestion applies.

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 5:37 PM
    No problem just seems everytime I post I post in the wrong area or break some other rule. I just want to play and have fun.
  • brandi35
    295 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:11 PM

hey woody, no worries.....gao thinks he is the forum police sometimes.....welcome and have fun....this is an addicting game!!!!

Gao...you should ease up on people, they are new and you don't see anyone else complaining where they put their post except for you....you are too young to be so anal....LOL...no hard feelings gao JMO

Happy Golfing Everyone :)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:35 PM

I wasn't trying to be harsh in any way! Gosh, all I wanted to do was suggest to the new player that it would be better to put this thread in another section! I'm certainly not eager to become part of the "forum police". However, I will ease up a bit ... sorry if I rubbed your wrong side, Woody. Hope we can restart and be friends =). Welcome to the game, man, brandi's right, it's very addicting and you'll have loads of fun here.

RSS