Forums

Help › Forums

Where's me trousers.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 4 2022 9:34 AM (39 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,946 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2022 3:58 AM

Nae problem colin . But watch your feet on the sword dancing .

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 6:53 AM

I have been asking for well over a year (since converting from flash) about this item. I paid a lot of money (Canadian) to obtain a Kilt. If they can add all sorts of other new apparel, why can't they just add what was already there?

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 4:34 AM

Maybe the animated characters are not created by WGT but by another company, and there is no male character with a kilt to be purchased or licensed.

Just a thought.

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2022 12:53 PM

Then why was most of their other stuff (golf bag excluded) moved over. Can you make your own clothes ??

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 10:17 AM

Most of their other 'stuff' is just a different 'skin' I suppose. The item of clothing is a mesh and the design is a skin that is applied to that mesh.

If you were artistic I guess you could make your own designs and apply them to the mesh, but I have no idea how you would get that into the game.

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 10:41 AM

ScottHope:
    but I have no idea how you would get that into the game.

Sure you do. Don't you remember:

EDIT: Shameless plug: HOPERMAN TO THE RESCUE - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 10:47 AM

cussinjack:
    why can't they just add what was already there?

This very question was posed to Nico in the WGT Discord.

Apparently, they can provide the kilt. However, it did not "flow" right so it was omitted.

It had swoosh, but not enough swish.

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 10:47 AM

Deleted as it was a double post of above.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 1:12 PM

Haha, I also appear to have branched out into monitor production, although Hewlett-Packard might have something to say.  : ))

With regard to the kilt movement, having been messing with Blender for a while now, it seems to me that anything that is very flexible, eg fabric, requires a high polygon mesh to appear realistic when animated. If you look at the shirt and trousers in my post above, they have quite a low density mesh, and a higher density mesh with a lot more polygons, requires more processing power to be animated, and if we want that to animate successfully and without stutter, we are going to need more graphics power in our computers.

I guess that is why the female avatar's ponytail is stiff as cardboard. : ))

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2022 5:32 PM

ScottHope:
    I guess that is why the female avatar's ponytail is stiff as cardboard. : ))

mine swishes

Have vid, tried to post, but not working.

RSS