Forums

Help › Forums

I had a “first” today. Anyone had this?

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 31 2022 2:19 PM (9 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 1:54 PM

Opponent pitched to green.  Then I flopped to green.  My ball hit his and his actually moved 2 feet!  Thought they would be virtual on the green.  I've certainly putted through some opponents' balls --- maybe getting onto the green is different?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 3:40 PM

AlaskanDame:

Opponent pitched to green.  Then I flopped to green.  My ball hit his and his actually moved 2 feet!  Thought they would be virtual on the green.  I've certainly putted through some opponents' balls --- maybe getting onto the green is different?

That's pretty neat.

Thanks for sharing.

Don

• ScottHope
    10,015 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 5:03 AM

AD, when your ball hit your opponents, what happened to your ball. Did it stop in the position your opponents ball was in before it moved?

At any point after playing your flop shot, were both balls moving at the same time?

• AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 8:44 AM

ScottHope:

AD, when your ball hit your opponents, what happened to your ball. Did it stop in the position your opponents ball was in before it moved?

At any point after playing your flop shot, were both balls moving at the same time?

It would have been nice to have a replay to look at, but I think my ball stopped abruptly, having hit his squarely, while his moved.  Looked like a pool or croquet shot.

• ScottHope
    10,015 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 8:58 AM

I think that might be what they call an optical illusion AD. Your ball appeared to hit your opponents, but it just goes through it because it's not really there when you play.

• AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 10:19 AM

ScottHope:

I think that might be what they call an optical illusion AD. Your ball appeared to hit your opponents, but it just goes through it because it's not really there when you play.

I knew you were going to say that --- but his ball moved from one side of the hole to the other (not through the cup, of course, but from left to right below the hole).

• ScottHope
    10,015 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 10:33 AM

So when his ball moved to the other side of the cup, is that where he played his next shot from?

• AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 5:10 PM

ScottHope:

So when his ball moved to the other side of the cup, is that where he played his next shot from?

Yes

• ScottHope
    10,015 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 12:59 AM

Well, that is most bizarre. Did your opponent comment on it?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 2:19 PM

I've witnessed countless times my ball goes through the opponent's (or vice versa) as if it wasn't there at all although shown translucent, but never ever seen a ball hitting another.

If this is true, it means WGT has done something to their game programming which is... highly doubtful.

Could you Nico or anyone from the company clarify this please? Is this possible?

RSS