Forums

Help › Forums

Discord! WGT now has an official Discord

Sun, Jan 15 2023 9:16 AM (22 replies)
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 12:14 PM

so as of now, we don't have official account linking with WGT and discord, however that's something we'd love to do in the future. However, impersonating others is against our rules in the discord so if it comes out that that's happening then that member will get in trouble on discord. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 12:34 PM

AlaskanDame:

Well, I guess that’s some thing I don’t “get.”  Someone could sign up as AlaskanDame, and other Discord users would think it is me? 

You can sign up for Discord using whatever username you want, and then change your nickname on each server to whatever you want it to be for that server.  For WGT-related servers, my recommendation would be to make your nickname be the same as, or at least include, your WGT username.  (In fact, some WGT-related Discord servers enforce that naming standard.)

If someone else is trying to use your WGT username as their own nickname (which would be very rare), you can contact a server admin and get them to change the other person's nickname to something else.

AlaskanDame:
    And if I see names of people in Discord that I think are in my club, they could actually be non-members that I’ve blocked for good reasons?

If you find someone like that (or anyone else you want to block), you can block that person in Discord by right-clicking their username and then click Block.

Hope this helps.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 2:27 PM

Anyone ever try/work with Discord for iPad? Mostly I’m curious as to whether it works or whether, like usually occurs, there is a special variety that only works on iPad.

EDIT Took the plunge just to see what would happen. From my end it appeared that the link provided by WGT doesn’t quite work for iOS as it won’t recognize the web address and reported it as invalid. Through some trial and error decided to just blow through the error screens and installed it manually using the web address in WGTNico’s introduction;

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 2:50 PM

WGTNico:
    I'm open to feedback on any improvements, changes, or things you want to see in the Discord,
    O my!

Joining WGT's Discord like landing on the dark side of the moon:

The landing area is #dyno-stats, all is grey, except the text line "Cannot load the news" in red.

Nothing hints to the "read-me" section where you must activate your access - if you read till the end of the long T&C article and add a tick in agreement.

Next, you are supposed to enter "role-assign" but nobody tells you until, in "news", an admin chides you for not having been there - YOU'RE A NASTY BOY!

And, eventually, I found the tournament despite the misleading clou "new tournament buzzword" between the app's tournaments.

On a different note, "community-help" will take some load of Q&A from the forum, splitting the community. New features for CCs may mean the same - division instead of conjunction...

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 9:16 AM

Hey Nico

would it not been much easier to make a red I'm busy and green ready to play

• tendergirl28
    28 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 4:41 PM

When I click the link and accept invite it says address invalid. Any ideas?

• Kittykat2017
    505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 2:12 AM

I also signed up for it and cannot get on to it.  Tried 4-5 times then said is it worth it?? The answer is NO> Not worth the bother.

• KLB301992
    202 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 5:20 PM

Everytime I hit the accept invite button, its telling me Safari doesn't recognize the address. Any help? Thanks 😊 

• AlvaroGil1
    37 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 7:24 AM

What happened? I left and now link doesn't work. Maybe I'm banned.

I joked with the wrong guy but not all of my messages were mine.

RSS