Help › Forums

CTTH game mode

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 11 2022 11:20 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • willieg1980
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2022 8:18 PM

Hi there, I've just returned to WGT after not playing for about 4 years. I've noticed that one game mode I used to play is not available anymore. I used to play CTTH against friends.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks

• PureGro1
    1,464 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2022 10:52 AM

willieg1980:

Hi there, I've just returned to WGT after not playing for about 4 years. I've noticed that one game mode I used to play is not available anymore. I used to play CTTH against friends.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks

That is correct, no Multi-player CTTH/Blitz game anymore. 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 6:20 AM

Most annoying part to play here is CTTH games...every time different system and methods!

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2022 10:41 PM

Cant understand that format at all! So confused about it.

• pdb1
    24,332 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2022 10:38 AM

Closest-to-the-Hole Challenge

What is a Closest-to-the-Hole challenge?

A closest-to-the-hole challenge is a 9-shot contest in which you receive a score after each shot based on your distance from the pin. There are penalty points if your ball lands in a hazard or off the green.

How does the scoring work?

Scoring is calculated by adding up your total distance from the flagstick with your shot on each hole plus any penalty points you may have incurred. The total after nine holes is your total score. The lower the score the better.

What are the penalties for hitting a bad shot?

You will be assessed score penalties for missing the green.

• Fringe: +5 points
    • Fairway: +10 points
    • Light Rough: +15 points
    • Medium/Heavy Rough: +20 points
    • Cart Path: +25 points
    • Sand Trap: +30 points
    • Water: +40 points
    • Out of Bounds: +50 points

Is there a limited number of times I can play the game?

No, there is no limit to the number of times you can play a closest-to-the-hole challenge. However, you only need to play once to qualify for a sweepstakes drawing. If the closest-to-the-hole challenge is a tournament (leaderboard format), your lowest score counts towards the final results.

Do closest-to-the-hole challenge scores count towards my tier ranking?

No, closest-to-the-hole challenge scores do not count towards your tier ranking. Only stroke play tournaments, multiplayer rounds, and ranked rounds count.

Can I play with my friends?

Currently, closest-to-the-hole tournaments are single-player games only.

You can play a stroke play game with a group of friends.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2022 7:24 AM

Well, the CCTH competition is getting on my nerves. I have now tried a total of about 30 times to improve my result. Every time I go to waste after a few fairways when I just can't figure out how to aim and adjust the intensity there!

I can start at 5-10ft a couple of times but then suddenly, straight to hell and the result is something like 35ft. That from the same...

• pdb1
    24,332 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2022 8:30 AM

Keep at it . That's all anybody does . Back in the day I played thousands of those .and BLITZes .

I had a holer yesterday in a coin round . Few and far between these days .

In this case my opponent didn't take a shot on the 3rd hole . Yet they gave him credit for 1 shot .

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2022 9:23 PM

How that can be true?

• pdb1
    24,332 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2022 3:11 PM

pdb1:
    In this case my opponent didn't take a shot on the 3rd hole . Yet they gave him credit for 1 shot .

Tepi62Ka:

How that can be true?

If that's what you are asking about . I have noticed that quite often there is a different score for the one that lost on the final hole . Most often an added stroke .

• PAGES
RSS