Help › Forums

Hello all new to forum

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 23 2022 5:05 PM (5 replies)
  • Neillindley
    7 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2022 4:55 AM

Hello all,

i have been playing for a few months now, looking for support and help on best equipment to buy, clubs to join and any support in bettering my game. 
    also what tournaments I should be looking to play

many help much appreciated

thanks

neil 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2022 10:16 AM

Hey Neil, 

I'm out of town until Tuesday morning, but if you want to stop by Simpatico Springs, I would be happy to discuss all of that with you and to help you find a country club that is right for you. I can also give you a tour of what clubs have to offer to assist your decision. And of course you would be welcome to stay if you like what our club has to offer.

For Love Of The Game

Brett

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2022 11:49 AM

Neillindley:

Hello all,

i have been playing for a few months now, looking for support and help on best equipment to buy, clubs to join and any support in bettering my game. 

many help much appreciated

thanks

neil 

I am fortunate to have Brett on my friend list. I can speak to his character and assure you that he is an excellent bloke. I strongly recommend that you give his CC a look..:). 

cheers,

ct

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2022 11:55 PM

Neillindley:
    1) Ask the fellows in the CC you have chosen.

2) Try to get out of the "slow meter" trap - instead of that "7 meter" ball, try something like the Callaway ERC Soft Balls (Slow Meter) - only 3.5 meter.

3) Invest in two short wedges (50/75 or 60/80 yds) to replace the Starter wedges.

4) Be incredulous about the automatic shot proposal - it's wrong in about 80% of shots, in 95% of cases you can do better on the green!

5) Play 9 hole rounds or tournaments, play through all courses, and play them to the end.
    Good scores are more likely in less holes, and you'll raise experience and skills on all holes.

• phipster
    4,447 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 10:56 AM

Here is my tuppence worth which is basically the same as I posted on another thread entitled 'shot distance'...

First of all lose your hybrid and gain an extra wedge. Your three iron plays further than your starter hybrid so it is a waste of space in your virtual golf bag.

Second buy some decent wedges - I suggest the three MAX level 50'ish wedges. I guarantee that they will make the single biggest difference to your scoring as you will then be able to get up and down in two more times than not from within 100 yards.

Third spend less cash on some WGT balls like the G!2-S or the G12-D balls as you will find that they are pretty consistent for distance as well as being slightly forgiving with the slower meter speed.

Fourth - go into Game Mode/Single Player/Stroke Play/Bethpage/Back 9/Practice and play the 10th hole. Drive off and keep taking mulligans until you work out your consistent average drive distance when you hit or are close to the ding and then do the same on the long second shot. Do the same on the 11th hole with a shorter second shot and play the rest of the nine keeping a note of your shot distances compared to the WGT suggested shot yardage. The wind strength and direction and landing place elevation can easily make a club difference up or down just as in real life...

PS - I have put my money where my mouth is and gifted you a sleeve of  the G12-S balls so your practice session will cost you nothing...

Good Luck!

• RickinWaSt
    2,072 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 5:05 PM

“One minute you’re bleeding. The next minute you’re hemorrhaging. The next minute you’re painting the Mona Lisa."  - Mac O'Grady -

Patience is required which I'm sure you have already experienced. This endurance can be easier to navigate joining the right club. On average (?) folks may switch and join clubs three times.

Good hunting!

RSS