Forums

Help › Forums

In-Game Chat Filter

Sat, Jun 10 2023 1:24 AM (27 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2023 12:52 PM

Lesthanpar:
    It is kind of fun to see what we can get through the filter playing with friends lol.

My favorite is calling somebody "shrimp dick".  

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2023 8:11 PM

SamSpayed:
    My favorite

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2023 9:41 PM

SamSpayed:

Lesthanpar:
    It is kind of fun to see what we can get through the filter playing with friends lol.

My favorite is calling somebody "shrimp dick".  

LOL that is a good one. it is quite hilarious to see what gets through the filter and what doesn't.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2023 12:37 PM

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2023 3:09 PM

I was likely the most polite, honest and helpful person in the forums over the years.  For some reason, "they" didn't feel the same way.   I'm hoping to get forgiveness someday soon.   

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2023 1:24 AM

pdb1:

My first couple years . I was very loose with my tongue . As I am in RL . In MP games . In my CC Forum . And even here in these Forums .

Nobody seemed to mind for a while . Even many others also let it fly . Even a couple few women .

But it was a couple few other stand up women that brought it to my attention that it just wasn't becoming , or professional , or for that matter mature . Especially being the leader .

At first I defended myself . It was my environment . It was who I am .

But after some more thought . I changed my stance on it . Completely . I stopped the profanity . Even the abbreviations . fck was my most common .

I found that it wasn't just women that found it uncomfortable . But many men as well .

So I stopped . I still have the desire to . But don't . At all . Occasionally I will comment that someone or something is an " expletive ". I use that word . It has good impact .

IRL I'm still as filthy mouthed as they come . But for over 7 years here . I no longer have that need . It's easy now .

In the chat one can type a n y t h i n g if they put a space between the letters . I don't even do that .

The general consensus has shown that there just is no place for it here .

Spacing the letters no longer works for me anyway. Plus, it's just more fun to see what will get through it lol. We all know the 4 letter golf words anyway, spaced, abbreviated or some sound alike.

RSS