Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2022 OFFICIAL FORUM

Thu, Aug 18 2022 4:10 PM (1,521 replies)
  • ampass
    260 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2022 12:50 PM

Group 3 Round 4 Tie 6

#98 Douggongles 60 defeated #250 dbaron99 71

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2022 1:03 PM

Group 2 / Round 4 / Match 4

Tie# 8 Demag has reached out to poncharello6504 after poncharello6504 forfeited midway through their match. poncharello6504 is not responding. I believe that gives Demag the win.

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2022 1:49 PM

Hello all

The World cup 2021

We are into round 6 and wow that time has flown,

the group winners are really decided now and big shout out to cobra skeletons who havent lost a match very impressed team,

still places are up for grabs so get these games played every point counts now.

There have been some great matches so far and by far the best World Cup to date, it just keeps getting better every year.

Let’s get on with it.

Round 6

May 23rd - June 5th

18 Holes Matchplay

Bethpage Black

The narrow fairways, high roughs, well-placed bunkers and small greens help to make this one of the most challenging golf courses in the country.

Any player with a – 2 by their name must play air shots on holes 4 and 15

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

use of apparel is to be agreed by both players if they want it but this years rule would be no apparel used thats the safe option.

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have a  problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, we don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

CTTH HOLES/PRIZES

All CTTH holes are on the website and dont forget to check out the special prizes which run throughtout the comp.

finny

MATCHES POSTED MIDNIGHT UK TIME

• bluey403
    1,528 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2022 3:43 PM

group1

bluey403 (looneys)  60  v  jessh138 (LFG)  62

got a late call up to sub for onekeano. really close game with Jess. His putter went stone cold on the back 9 with 4 or 5 putts lipping out and  I jagged a few mid range putts.

Thanks to David and LFG, some gr8 matches guys

cheers

• douggongles
    889 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2022 3:46 PM

Group 3, Round 4, Match 1, Tie 6.

Dgongles defeats Dbaron99.

• Young46
    1,294 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 5:42 AM

Group 4, Round 5, Match 3, Tie 6:

Young46 defeats PRjes

• amateur4sure
    2,198 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 12:06 PM

Young46:

Young46 defeats PRjes

Grr Jason I didn`t see it advertised mate, Would love to have been informed and been there for your game. Congrats bud

Gang can we have more games that will be played live advertised, i know not everybody is bothered and wants to watch but I guarantee there are a lot of folks on here than do.!

Cheers all

• bader76
    914 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 11:20 PM

amateur4sure:

Young46:

Young46 defeats PRjes

Grr Jason I didn`t see it advertised mate, Would love to have been informed and been there for your game. Congrats bud

Gang can we have more games that will be played live advertised, i know not everybody is bothered and wants to watch but I guarantee there are a lot of folks on here than do.!

Cheers all

Games show up in the world cup discord match play live channel and your a member of the group, turn your alerts on bro

• amateur4sure
    2,198 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 10:13 AM

bader76:

amateur4sure:

Young46:

Young46 defeats PRjes

Cheers all

Games show up in the world cup discord match play live channel and your a member of the group, turn your alerts on bro

My alopogeeeez to Jason, That Discord channel is bigger than this WGT Forum lol 

Thanx Carl

• Wouwsie
    32 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2022 2:25 PM

Group 1, Round 5, Match 2, Tie 4.

PTrenter vs Wouwsie.

Wouwsie wins 2 UP after 18.

Very nice match, and very close. Paul very unlucky on some of those putts.

RSS