Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2022 OFFICIAL FORUM

Thu, Aug 18 2022 4:10 PM (1,521 replies)
  • bigduno1
    25 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 1:46 PM

Cup playoff Round 1 Match 2

Tie 1 #353 bigduno1 defeated #117 SpectaularG 2up

• WUISENRIKE
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:14 PM
     PAULFINN52:

Wutpa:

Hey everyone.

I'm the guy who has put the spreadsheets and website together for this tournament, and it has been pointed out to me that I made an error in the way results were calculated. I had the qualifying rounds weighted so that in the event of two teams in the same group being tied on points the team with fewest losses would be placed above the team with more losses, when in fact it should have been the team with the most wins. This in no way would have changed the number of points any team won, or which playoff tournament they qualified for.

The only teams affected were in Group 2: Golfos Panellets and Bills Band who finished 3rd and 4th respectively. However with the correct calculations Bills Band would have been 3rd and Golfos 4th, so although they would both still have qualified for the Cup Playoff, they would have been playing different teams in the Last 16 which is currently live.

So I just want to apologise to those two teams for my error, and to Trans Bandits and LFG as well since they would also have had different opponents this round. I hope my mistake hasn't detracted from what has been an excellent competition so far, which has been played in just the spirit and with the camaraderie hoped for.

Good luck to all teams in both playoffs, and I will now take myself off into a dark corner and beat myself with birch twigs.

Sincerely,

Nigel (Wutpa).

yes i echo what Nigel has said and apologise to Bills Band and Panelettes for the oversight on my part,

we/i have made loads of mistakes over the years running this and its not the first and wont be the last apology i will make to any team if an error has been made.

this comp is evolving each year and any even slight error can have consequences but it is also a learning curve to make this the best team event ever on WGT.

i hope all teams accept my apology and just enjoy the moment and go out there and have fun whoever you are playing.

thx Finny

As the Co-Captain of BillsBand, and a ex-organizing member of the WC, I know mistakes can be made (boy oh boy do I know lol), so no problem and boy that website looks slick and such a great idea, so whatever growing pains are needed we can all deal with.

The main thing is that BillsBand, in their first year playing in the World Cup, finishes 3rd in Group 2, earned and recorded. Cheers 

The Band is happy to meet either in the knockout rounds and we've had a blast playing this year, so thanks for that again :) We look forward to many more years playing in this wonderful event.

Dotty

..... vaamoos goolfooos

you want us to repeat the round against the bandits ? we have already lost 4 games and that would be very good for us... for our part there is no problem and, if you decide to cancel our 3rd place for the 4th we could finish those 9 games against the bandits before this sunday ....

Now, if what you want to see, is a great spectacle culminating the comeback against the LFG ... it also works for us ... with us you won't have any problem with the decision you make. 

Sincerely your bro

• Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:40 PM

Cup L16 Match 5 Tie #9

NicoZandberg wins 4up vs NStannard1

Very enjoyable game against Norm. Hope to have many more games together.

Well played.GG

• TomMtl
    132 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 2:56 PM

Cup Playoff Round 1

Match 3- Cobrai Larussos vs F. Fanatics Gladiators

Tie #2

TomMtl defeats SamwiseLUFC.

Tight game right till the end, thanks for the enjoyable game Sam.

Cheers Tom

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 3:45 PM

Ok wuisen…challenge accepted…LFG🔥🔥🔥🔥😂

• Surry11
    102 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 4:10 PM

World Cup Playoff Round 1, Group 2.

#133 Surry11 (TPB) defeats #316 mingos01 (Shov's Muckers) 2 up.

Luis played a heck of a match.  It came down to a missed birdie putt.  Great sportsman.

• WUISENRIKE
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 4:19 PM

by the way, yesterday Sunday I was training hard ... if you want to laugh a little, but know that we had a great time ... it's not wasted ...

CLUB DE GOLF COSTA DORADA. JUANJO , CLEMENT & LUISEN - Twitch

• msulaman
    448 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 6:27 PM

Plate Playoff Round 1    Cobra Kai Johnnys vs Freedom Club United

Match 2    Tie 8

Scrabmu wins 3 up over MikieZMan

• Sildate
    648 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 7:33 PM

Plate Playoff Round 1

Match 6   Tie 1