Forums

Help › Forums

"Out of the mouths of babes"

Sun, Dec 20 2009 7:41 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:44 PM

The title of this post came to me the other day as my (11yo) son and I were discussing current events... things like how the NCAA robbed Nebraska and gave a tainted big12 title to Texas.. how Tim Tebow - as great as he has been - does not deserve to be in the Heisman Race this year (The award is for the most outstanding College Football Player, and if there is any justice in this world, it will go to Ndamukong Suh!) ... but its a glory award and mainly goes to Q-backs and RunningBacks, sadly.

Then the issue of Tiger Woods came up in our conversation.

My son asked me, with an earnest request for the truth, a very simple question that I could not answer...

"If he cheats on his wife that much, does he cheat at golf, too?"

What would you tell him?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 4:09 PM

Kids say the darndest things.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:06 PM

Snaike, welcome home. I would tell your son the truth. Tiger doesn't cheat at golf, never has, never will, doesn't have to. And, sadly, I would tell him that most men and women cheat, somewhere along the line. What is wrong twisted right, has become routine within the current human race. A race that is without a compass based on the decalogue.

• flavforpar
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:58 AM

That is truly amazing that a kid would think of that... in this day and age i think the world would be way more offended if he did cheat at golf versus his wife... i can tell you that he would loose way more endorsements if he blatantly cheated at golf... sad state of affairs we are in.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:31 PM

Cheat on golf...he has been connected to an iffy Dr...hope it don't come out that way.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:15 PM

Somethings got his hormones jumping.Growth hormones are the latest craze among the super athletes' .At least he's got the same amount of majors as he does girlfriends.

To answer your question Snaike I would of told him of course it's possible for him to be cheating.Any time you make a vow before GOD and break it why be honest to a simple fan.He never made a promise to them anyway.The day I joined the site the first thread I responded to was the steriod talk and his temper tantrums on the course.Maybe some of those questions are finally getting some answers.I'm just glad that no matter what happens to him it wont effect me in any kind of way.

Larry

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 11:22 AM

Snaike:
    What would you tell him?

Get laid before you get married, not after.

Tiger had no life growing up, just like Todd Marinovich of USC. Totally sheltered by the old man all the way through college;great college QB; total bust in the NFL because he fell prey to what Tiger did-real life. The old man dies and some dumbass PR type told Tiger to get married and have a family, it'll make you look good. He should have taken a page out of Derek Jeter's book.

YJ

79 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 6:33 PM

YankeeJim:

Get laid before you get married, not after.

Tiger had no life growing up, just like Todd Marinovich of USC. Totally sheltered by the old man all the way through college;great college QB; total bust in the NFL because he fell prey to what Tiger did-real life. The old man dies and some dumbass PR type told Tiger to get married and have a family, it'll make you look good. He should have taken a page out of Derek Jeter's book.

I think that unless you live with this man 24 hours a day, you should not slander him with your opinion, probably garnered by someone who has no knowledge. It is sad that this forum turns to be the gossip column. Only 2 people know, tiger and wife, just like all of you. You and your wife are privy to all, but someone who lives 3000 miles away should think twice about repeating everything they hear, especially from cable tv

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 6:54 PM

5419:
    you should not slander him with your opinion,

I don't think anyone but the Great Tiger Woods himself slandered Tigers name.

5419:
    It is sad that this forum turns to be the gossip column.

The man ask for our opinion.Nobody ask for what your doing or whatever you think your doing.The question was what would you tell an 11 year old kid about another disgraced athlete about was he cheating at golf too.I guess you missed that?

• SteamboatTW99
    67 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:19 PM

I also have an 11 year old son and it was almost impossible for him to NOT hear the news about Tiger.  Rightfully so his opinion of Tiger has turned 180 degrees.   I can't blame him.

Tiger paved his own path by showcasing a squeaky clean image and accepting endorsements to promote that image.  Don't get me wrong everyone makes mistakes, but the mistakes he made went totally against the moral character he promoted and/or endorsed.

In my humble opinion Tiger will always be the best golfer EVER.  But it is a shame that his image will forever be damaged and that this will forever overshadow his golfing accomplishments.

So I would tell your 11 year old son that Tiger did admit to cheating on his wife, but that he has yet to admit that he has used enhancement drugs. Unless Tiger admits to such and since  there is no physical evidence to corroborate that fact,  no one can really make that determination unless you are God himself.....

By the way....Ready-Go tournaments rock!  =D

• PAGES
RSS