Thu, Jul 8 2021 5:47 AM

First match torrey pines b9

second match congressional f9 

med/high winds , speed 11 greens ,

good luck all , and enjoy !

• phipster
    4,461 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 6:24 AM

Congressional F9 and Royal St Georges F9 for us so far and I reckon that the winds are fierce...

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 7:58 AM

F9 of George, B9 of the litterbox (Chambers), I believe are the other two.

• AlaskanDame
    19,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 8:31 AM

We’ve had Chambers and Congressional.  I see the other 2 courses are Torrey and RSG.  Quite a variety.

It’s hard to be excited about tee markers any more when it is hit or miss on whether they will make play impossible for some of my club members if I use them for club tourneys.  Mac users have been having trouble lately.  The unity programming is so unreliable.

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 12:49 PM

AlaskanDame:
    It’s hard to be excited about tee markers any more when it is hit or miss on whether they will make play impossible for some of my club members if I use them for club tourneys.  Mac users have been having trouble lately.  The unity programming is so unreliable.

I like the telescopes, though.  Maybe we can use them to look for WGT's programming talent.

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 1:20 PM

SamSpayed:
    I like the telescopes, though.  Maybe we can use them to look for WGT's programming talent.

They just don't look powerful enough to see under the rocks on Mars.

• jacktrade51
    10,950 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 6:50 PM

1st 4 matches for BD were Torrey, RSG, Torrey and CB.  No Congressional yet.

As to AKD's comment on tee markers ...for me everything A-C in alphabet works.  Eiffel Tower is out.

All the sports ball markers work.  (Wish we would get a soccer ball.)

Doesn't really matter anyway.  Does anyone remember what the tee marker or flag was 10 minutes after they finish the round?  Does one even notice in the round when one is focussed on the shot?

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,950 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 8:38 PM

SamSpayed:

So true.  The original programmers understood real golf.  The current ones do not.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,950 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 8:52 PM

Nothing like a steady diet of CB and RSG on day 2.  We saw 1 round of Torrey.  30 mph winds get very tiresome.  I never saw Congressional although it might have showed up when I was sleeping Thursday night. 

At least we know Torrey is a lower wind course ... closer to Congressional than CB or RSG.  I thought I was playing medium winds when I tried VUSA qualifying, but in hindsight it was high winds.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    19,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 11:28 PM

jacktrade51:
    As to AKD's comment on tee markers ...for me everything A-C in alphabet works.  Eiffel Tower is out.
    I wish that was my experience, Tom.  Or rather my club’s experience.  Candy Hearts (saying Love Golf) wouldn’t let the game load for my Mac users.  Used to be fine for them.  WGT must have changed something.   So, now I don’t know what is still fine or not.

Sure, they are forgotten and some people don’t notice, but many of us were having fun using the tee markers as sort of a naming device for the club tourneys.  Like “Road trip in the East” using the pick up truck or RV tees.  Set of water holes using the rowboat for retrieval.  Big prize pot using the money bag, etc.  A custom course of 1st and 10th holes wound up with a football game title and tee markers (get it?  1st and ten?)

One of the ways we had fun with each other. . . taken away.  Oh well. … 

• PAGES
RSS