Forums

Help › Forums

CHANGING TIERS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:57 AM (3 replies)
  • TIM237
    15 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:39 AM

I barely made it to master and ever since ive been around a 70 avg which makes me a pro but my tier doesn't change? can you go down a level?

I also see several amteurs or pros who mix in an 89-100 score to keep their avg in that tier range so they are not moved into a higher class is that being looked at?

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:01 AM

TIM237:

I barely made it to master and ever since ive been around a 70 avg which makes me a pro but my tier doesn't change? can you go down a level?

No, your tier does not change. You cannot go down a level. Once you reach a higher level, you are there for good.

TIM237:

I also see several amteurs or pros who mix in an 89-100 score to keep their avg in that tier range so they are not moved into a higher class is that being looked at?

Yes, this is being looked at. It's called sandbagging, which is when a player intentionally keeps himself at a lower tier, even if he's capable of playing well at a higher tier, because he can dominate WGT-sponsored tournaments and horde huge amounts of credits. Unfortunately, there is no way to guard against this, because non-sandbaggers can fluctuate good and bad scores, and sandbaggers can fluctuate good and bad scores but still not earn credits in tournaments.

• Zpin
    18 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:20 AM

ahh, thats what sandbagging mean, i was wondering that since i joined a few days ago.

thanks gao for clearing that up for me : )

-Z

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:57 AM

what a deliema...kinda like a chinese finger puzzle. this really is a bummer, the game is great so far.

maybe The  high and low scores shound be thrown out of the math. would that help?

Maybe add a Fight Round before playing to see what Flight you will Qualify in.

RSS