Help › Forums

level 92

Sat, May 22 2021 11:21 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 3:24 PM

Wutpa:
    Some were finding themselves funneled towards coin games without even knowing what they were, because it was not obvious (and still isn't) how to get to the same game play options they knew from flash.

instead of listing the two main button options as : Game Modes  and  Play Now

a relatively easy fix would be :  Game Modes and Coin Rooms

Game Modes takes you to all those options players may look for except coin rooms and Play Now is more appropriately identifying what area you are going into - Coin Rooms.

• weesojer
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 10:26 AM

Thank you all for your comments and advice. Confession time, I never really looked at these pages, I have never seen a tutorial,  and I have never mapped anything or taken notes.

I started playing during our first lock down and never really got out of the coin rooms, I have played mostly the old course about 25 times and my average until recently was 74 think, my best round was 70.

I am going to find a CC that will take in a rather shamefaced rookie and really learn the game, the wee sojer will come back stronger and better (in time) lol

Thank you all once again

John

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2021 9:31 PM

weesojer:

Thank you all for your comments and advice. Confession time, I never really looked at these pages, I have never seen a tutorial,  and I have never mapped anything or taken notes.

I started playing during our first lock down and never really got out of the coin rooms, I have played mostly the old course about 25 times and my average until recently was 74 think, my best round was 70.

I'm old school but I do fool around with coin games.  But that is not why I play this game.

It is the best simulation of real golf on real courses on the Internet.

But playing golf under realistic conditions (best Internet can do) is hard work.  It takes learning courses, learning different kinds of shots, Mapping clubs, which somebody mentioned above.

I received advice from good players in my former clubs along the way.  Learned, practiced, tried different things.  Still learning.  Also learned to map new clubs.  Used to search the WGT forums looking for tips.

It's up to you.  If you want to shoot rounds of 57-62 consistently with realistic clubs, you can get there.  But it takes (fun) work.  And when we shoot a 57 (or 25-26 over 9 holes), or win a tournament, it is lots of fun even as we still miss putts and mess up other rounds.

Tom

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2021 11:17 PM

el3n1:

Wutpa:
    Some were finding themselves funneled towards coin games without even knowing what they were, because it was not obvious (and still isn't) how to get to the same game play options they knew from flash.

instead of listing the two main button options as : Game Modes  and  Play Now

a relatively easy fix would be :  Game Modes and Coin Rooms

Game Modes takes you to all those options players may look for except coin rooms and Play Now is more appropriately identifying what area you are going into - Coin Rooms.

Aye, that'd work.

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 7:26 AM

I hear you Tom.

I started playing again during the lockdown. I haven't played WGT for years. I picked up some advice here such as wind table, elevation rule, putting distance calculation.

To keep me busy I started writing code again, so I put together a program incorporating the advice I've found.

Here's my help manual of the program written in Delphi for Windows.

You can read it here if interested

view?usp=sharing.   

• weesojer
    16 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 8:11 AM

Thanks everyone, I honestly thought this was an arcade game - play now, big green button and into coin rooms - I now know better, a lot better.

This sim has serious stuff going on and some seriously gifted players, I never knew because I never looked, didn't realise this because being a man instructions are no use lol

I have now changed my CC and look forward to improving my game. That my xp`s from my previous club don't go to my new club kinda rankles, but if that's the rule I`m stuck with it

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 1:35 PM

weesojer:

Thanks everyone, I honestly thought this was an arcade game - play now, big green button and into coin rooms - I now know better, a lot better.

This sim has serious stuff going on and some seriously gifted players, I never knew because I never looked, didn't realise this because being a man instructions are no use lol

I have now changed my CC and look forward to improving my game. That my xp`s from my previous club don't go to my new club kinda rankles, but if that's the rule I`m stuck with it

Good stuff John.

Good luck going forward and exploring all the aspects of this game. 

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 11:21 AM

HackWilson1930:

I really think WGT did everyone a disservice by creating coin rooms. People get caught up in clashes, turf  wars, and coin rooms and forget what the game is about. And then WGT compounded their error in judgement by adding magic apparel. Gotten really hard to find an alt shot game if no one in your cc wants to play.

What's a person to do?

Well said sir! And then when they realize if you want to win credits, you have to jump in the brackets/rg’s etc etc. All the apparel disappears and the wonderment of “why is the game so messed up now” kicks in and there’s no foundation for player strategy. The day I stopped playing coin games was the moment all the stats started improving.

Cheers,

Ross 

• PAGES
RSS