Forums

Help › Forums

No Clash This Week! (March 2021)

Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:48 PM (38 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,070 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 5:04 PM

The extra promotional bonus xp was effective as of 3:00 am Eastern Time this morning, just like the Clash would have been.

However, mine is 2X (200%) and not 3X (300%).  Is that because I'm a Premier Member?

~Nancy

• TySrixon13
    143 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 5:27 PM

Same here Nancy , 2x XP`s and Premier Membership

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 6:15 PM

Nancy1959:
    However, mine is 2X (200%) and not 3X (300%).

It's actually 200% = 3X.

Original Amount + 100% + 100% = Three times of the original amount

I know it can be confusing...

• Nancy1959
    7,070 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 7:16 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

It's actually 200% = 3X.

Original Amount + 100% + 100% = Three times of the original amount

I know it can be confusing...

No, for me it's not only showing as a 200% bonus (which is 2X the normal xp), but I am also getting slightly less than 2X my normal xp for each round I have played today than what I normally get when there is no xp promotional bonus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I appreciate whatever bonus WGT gives from time to time.

~Nancy

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 7:27 PM

Nancy1959:
    I am also getting slightly less than 2X my normal xp for each round I have played today than what I normally get when there is no xp promotional bonus.

Oh, I see. Are you? I don't really look into the XP numbers after each round so you're probably right.

So are you getting (or supposed to get) the quadruple (300%) XP combined with your Premier Membership? Just curious...

• Nancy1959
    7,070 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 1:37 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    So are you getting (or supposed to get) the quadruple (300%) XP combined with your Premier Membership? Just curious...

I would think that Premier Members would get a 3X bonus just like everyone else, plus their normal 100% xp bonus for buying the premier membership, but that's not the case here.  It's almost like we are being shorted for being Premier Members.

If WGT wants to handle their promotional bonuses like that, they should also add the missed days for the premier membership bonus, in my opinion.  After all, we paid $180 for a one year membership.

~Nancy

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 2:35 PM

Nancy1959:

I would think that Premier Members would get a 3X bonus just like everyone else, plus their normal 100% xp bonus for buying the premier membership, but that's not the case here.  It's almost like we are being shorted for being Premier Members.

If WGT wants to handle their promotional bonuses like that, they should also add the missed days for the premier membership bonus, in my opinion.  After all, we paid $180 for a one year membership.

Yes, it would've made more sense. It's a shame they didn't think it through. :-(

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 3:50 PM

Nancy1959:

Here are some of my numbers and I agree - WGT is not calculating or at least advertising this right.

My nightly CDP round the day before the promotion started was 32,187 XPs.

OK so one would expect in a Triple XP promotion I would get a bit over 96,000 XPs.

What I got was 55,543 XPs playing the exact same tournament.

WGT seems to calculate these promotions (the doubles and triples) differently then my instinct would say. It appears they double or in this case triple the base XPs (type of round played and shots taken) independently from all the other benefits (CC Bonus for level, Premier Membership, or XP boost. 

Nancy if you are getting double I am happy for you but as my numbers show I am not even getting that.

To make it right WGT just has to change their algorithm to just triple after everything else has been calculated. 

Otherwise their are 3 classes of WGT players:

1) Those that get 3x which is any player not in a CC

2) Those that get about 2.5x because they are in a CC or are running an XP Boost

3) Those that get less then 2x because they bought a Premier or Premium Membership

Makes no sense to me to penalize those that are spending the credits like we Premier Members are.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ed

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 3:52 PM

I am  getting The 3 times bonus plus my premier bonus

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 4:09 PM

dhjam1:
    I am  getting The 3 times bonus plus my premier bonus

Not in my opinion.

200 for your round + 196 for your hits = 396

Now lets triple that for the promotion 396 * 3 =  1,188

Then double that for your Premier 1188 * 2 = 2,376

But regardless of what the screens say it is being calculated you got 1,683 not 2,376 like I would expect.

But be happy because you got a few more then normally would -lol

1.4 times more....

RSS