Help › Forums

Error message when starting iOS appliction on iMac

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 21 2022 8:51 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JoergenNyholm
    6 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 3:46 AM

How do I resolve issue when starting up the WGT application on my iMac?

I get the following message:

ERROR: access to /Applications/ is forbidden; run patcher in administrator mode.

I am running iOS Catalina 10.15.3

Thank you in advance

JC

• Sillyme24
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 5:04 AM

Im having the same issue.....catalina and all...good luck on getting help. If ya do...be told the obvious......Ill beat them. Did you reboot your router?...try again. Dump cache/cookies?....ok do it again. Opening the game from launcher?? Yes I am. Well, click on the icon again. Drag the icon from the desktop into the applications folder and open from there.....yup did that. Try again....reinstall game?...did that. If that didnt work reboot router again. I spend lots of money on this game and its crazy you cant get help from WGT...not forumn members. Think the issue is on thier end. Wish us luck

Now whats really funny?..I cant play the game but I can sure click on my coin icon and it takes me right there to buy credits........quick to steal your money but then turn thier back on ya. Criminal.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 8:33 AM

im on launcher and cant play as of today. i keep getting a game crash report number 112458  that i sent to wgt. will see if they address it or not.

• JoergenNyholm
    6 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 8:42 AM

I tried the advice from SillyMe but although for some initial success it did not succeed in launching the game.

I have now turned to the version launched through Steam and everything runs smoothly.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 8:46 AM

I just opened the game and started playing a round without issue. I'm on Big Sur 11.2. 

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:09 PM

Correct me if |'m wrong but isn't an Imac a computer and would need the Mac Desk top version of the new game and the OP said IOS which is the mobile version

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:26 PM

borntobesting:

Correct me if |'m wrong but isn't an Imac a computer and would need the Mac Desk top version of the new game and the OP said IOS which is the mobile version

Yes, that's correct. He would need the Mac OS version. But I think the OP just misstated.

As far as I know, the Mac wouldn't even allow a download of an IOS app. It would give a message along the lines of the "this app is not supported by your device" or something similar. 

I think he just misstated. 

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 1:26 PM

JoergenNyholm:

How do I resolve issue when starting up the WGT application on my iMac?

I get the following message:

ERROR: access to /Applications/ is forbidden; run patcher in administrator mode.

I am running iOS Catalina 10.15.3

Thank you in advance

JC

As a Mac user (iMac and MBP) I never had any issues running the app. However, curious of what might have happened to you, I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again and tried various ways to open it to see if I would get the same error message. 

I did. And I think I know what you might have tried to do. Once you drag the app to the Application Folder, the app will appear in Lanchpad, which is where you open it. What I think you did, is trying to open the app from the same view as where you drag the app to the Application Folder. Thats the only time I get the same error message. 

Once you dragged it to the Application Folder, close the window and locate WGT in Launchpad. That would do the trick. 

cheers

• vozzyy
    9 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 1:43 PM

I tried all that and it didnt work. I give up now. WGT dont care....got a grand out of me in 8yrs.

• JoergenNyholm
    6 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 2:07 PM

Robert1893:

borntobesting:

Yes, that's correct. He would need the Mac OS version. But I think the OP just misstated.

As far as I know, the Mac wouldn't even allow a download of an IOS app. It would give a message along the lines of the "this app is not supported by your device" or something similar. 

I think he just misstated. 

My misspelling here... I am using Mac Os (Catalina) and not iOS.

Again - now eveyrthing runs smooth through Steam app but will try alternative launch via Mac OS later again.

• PAGES
RSS