Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • carter8292
    338 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 8:19 AM

dew ducks v the penalty box 2

penalty box carter8292   4up

• SPROGGER
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 10:45 AM

Group 2  The Penalty Box  3  vs   Fairway Fanatics 3

183  Poncharello6504  vs   wagaganon      146          Ponch      3up 
    191 kotelovesyou         vs   Sriley13            140          Sriley13   1up
    182  jason01291          vs   wwilliams46      143           NOT PLAYED YET
    190  marcelofvha         vs   Seabrookflash  138            DRAW
    184 mconrad14            vs   APYJR              139           NOT PLAYED YET
    192 Autopsias              vs   CSBarbarian     141           Auto        3up
    186  Listowel2018        vs   chuck17201      142           NOT PLAYED YET
    181  SPROGGER         vs  gjcuddie            148           SPROGG  2up
  • carlosdev
    2,529 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 12:04 PM

Group 1
                                                Round 1 | Match 3
                                    TCC Raiders vs SEL HOTSHOTS

(Tie 5) Carlosdev won against VROOOMED (Tie 5)

Today i played my game against Dan. Dan started with an unfortunate rough drive. Got the 1 up there. Moving on, eagle on the par 5 with fluke hole 8 bird from the rough put me in lead on f9.
    Game progressed, Dan did sink some nice putts where i missed some but i held on to my precious UP's ;) ;) 

Thanks for the game n good luck ahead, Dan.

Special thanks to everyone who watched the stream n made it more entertaining.

- Varun

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 1:03 PM

Group 4
    Round 1 | Match 2
    The Penalty Box 1  vs  FAIRWAY FANATICS 1

Tie 1

TomCarioca won against SwanginBD

Had my Twitch Premiere today and we started off just like that lol. After we got disconnected  3 times on the 1st hole we finally had the match rolling.

And it was a close one where both players treated each other very nicely and generously missed out on birdie chances just to not hurt each other. In the middle of the match I felt completely lost as my approaches went all over the place - long, short, left, right but nowhere near to the pin. Interestingly these poor shots were followed several times by a very good shot then: be it a pitch-in or a nice saver putt.

So we got to the turn with me being 1 upand it kept going as usual - Craig with a solid play, me hacking along towards the green. I started to feel quite uncomfortable. 

But it was jinxed for Craig and the B9 was going to be really brutal for him....

Hole 13 and me with the usual 19ft short putt. Craig with a very nice approach to 4ft. I missed my long birdie putt and was waiting for the 'clonkkk' an see Craig make it A/S again. Instead I saw a nasty edgeburner that kept rolling and rolling and rolling, all the way down to 20ft from the hole. With a great putt Craig saved par but I kept one up.

From there it all went South for my opponent: the putts decided to just stay out, rough and bunkers suddenly crossed his paths. Craig showed real greatness there, didn't lament or swear and finished the game in best sportsmanship!

He was the better player out there but I just had the WGT gawds on my side today!

Thank you Craig for that brilliant experience and I really do hope we stay in touch and meet for a match every once in a while.

- Tom

PS: Cheers for the template Varun :)))

• mymanpayne
    6,137 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 3:00 PM

John and I got our match played this afternoon. It was a good hard fought battle, going up and down. I had a good front nine, and he was just barely missing on his putts. Then it turned the other way on the back, and he caught me on the 15th hole. Both of us birdied 16th, and my birdie on the 17th was the difference. We both birdied the 18th. Was a lot of fun with a great guy. We switched to voice on Discord for the back nine and it was very enjoyable conversation. Thanks for a good match and lots of good chatter John!

Results:   #451   wins   1up      over  #166   Group #3

• SwanginBD
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 3:07 PM

Tom-

Wonderful round played by you! Although, I appreciate your kind words: it was your play that won that round. Without a doubt. I scrambled to keep it close towards the end but your steadiness sealed the deal.  

As a first time player in the World Cup. I am glad to have been "hosted" by you, for my inaugural round. 

Many more to come, hope to see you inside another match soon. 

- Craig

• mymanpayne
    6,137 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 3:22 PM

Match result:     Group 3

#168   wins  4and3   over    #454

The Penalty Box #2    wins    over  Dew Duck Inn

• chuck17201
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 4:28 PM

match results 

# 142 wins 1 up over #186

Fairway Fanatics wins over The Penalty Box

great match with Listowell2018, down to the wire

• DanielT5
    2,035 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 4:43 PM

Bushwackers vs Black Diamond

You will find the results of Fedmoon and DanielT5 on page 27. 

• DanielT5
    2,035 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 4:48 PM

Bushwackers vs Black Diamond

You will find the results of gattylong vs Ekeefer on page 27

RSS