Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • FEDMOON
    1,062 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 9:50 AM

I seem to have ruffled a few feathers by putting 'pointless' in inverted commas - this is how I have heard it referred to.

You'll notice I'm plying it when many have walked away. You'll notice I genuinely am grateful for the event - and said so.

You focus on my being negative - so who's really being negative?

I've enjoyed it, but I think it might be improved for being shorter so made the suggestion - of course this being the WGT forum people have to be antagonistic about a comment meant in good humour...

...which is generally why I avoid the forums (it's like social media at times) and certainly don't feel like conversing with y'all about it. Learn what inverted commas are for and maybe we'll talk...

Many thanks to the organisers for a wonderful event.

I'll let my captain report any future results.

• tiptopTOPPIN
    1,192 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 12:02 PM

CUP Last 16

Match 1 | G1 vs G2

TCC RAIDERS V Cobra Kai 2

Tie 6) tiptopToppin Won 1 UP (Tie 6) Marshallmatlock

Very good game was a fun match Marshall that was a rolleracoaster :)

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 12:17 PM

Hi Dotty

I will also sponsor a sleeve of balls

Thanks Steve

• achtbaan
    813 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 12:41 PM

Plate last 16, match 4 , Tie #3  achtbaan 220 vs bosfan2006 454.

achtbaan wins

Played my match with Dave (bosfan2006),  wasnt a good game by both. Putters were stonecold, luckily for me Dave`s putter was even colder then mine. He took everything on the chin and remained a true gentleman. I cant even remember how many putts of Dave failed to drop and burned the edges. Enjoyed our game and hope to see you around Dave.

Bert

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 12:50 PM

just lost to JD by one hole,really enjoyed it even though both of us was not on top form.

loads of watchers tuned which is whats its about for me 

class act JD thx

finny

• sirshinealot
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 1:05 PM

Cup Playoff result last 16

Match 2 Tie 3

TCC SPARTANS        v   FAIRWAY FANATICS 1

199    sirshinealot  won 4 up   v    110   Cynic13

The game was a good game although we both didn't know what a ding sound was a lot of close putts for us both but i got a tad lucky on some of them thanks for the game Shane 

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 1:40 PM

TdotDoba:

Hi All,

Tom Carioca from Fairway Fanatics has generously offered to put up a sleeve in a random draw for the almost 400 players in this years World Cup.

Tom has come up with a great way to do it called the "Wheel of Names", he has meticulously entered all the names and will do a live twitch give-a-way on:

Saturday  July 24th, at 2pm pst (US west coast),  5pm (US east coast), 10pm UK time and 11pm Bavarian time woo hoo! 

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/tomcarioca  Twitch link

I will be on twitch with Tom for the draw and have also have donated a sleeve in the name of our friend and team member Billd1994 who passed away earlier this year.

Anyone else who would like to donate a sleeve for the draw let us know here.

Cheers all and thank you Tom for coming up with this great idea.

Tom = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Billd1994 = 1 Sleeve to give-a-way

Wutpa = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Ken = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

JD Ghost = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Yannis1970  = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Borat = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Captain Freedom = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

The Freedom Club = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

CousinZeke1 = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Steve58300 Cobra Kia = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

WigerToods2010 (Graphic Master) = 1 sleeve to give-a-way

Who else will be added woo hoo, tune in on Saturday to see your name on the wheel!

• JDGHOST
    6,789 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 5:34 PM

PAULFINN52:

just lost to JD by one hole,really enjoyed it even though both of us was not on top form.

loads of watchers tuned which is whats its about for me 

class act JD thx

finny

Match coulda gone either way mate ...We hit um good but left some putts on the table!! 

Was a real pleasure Finn like I said ...your "stand up" all the way in my book

JD 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 5:35 PM

Plate, last 16 Match 8

Cosa Nostra vs SEL Coolrunnings

Tie #3

Hpurey wins 3&2 against Islandlar  

Lar caught me in rare form.  Front 9 was strong for me and Lar was just near missing his putts.  After checking out his profile I was worried so I started with the beers early before our match so I'd be "warmed up".  LOL   Was a pleasure to play with you Lar.  If we played 10 matches that may have been the only one I'd win.  ;-)

• islandlar
    709 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 5:39 PM

Plate Playoff Final 16

Golfos Panellets  vs  SEL Coolrunnings

hpurey   vs   islandlar

Hazen played exceptionally well with solid approach shots and near flawless putting to win 3 & 2.  While I couldn't seem to hit anything within a 1/4 inch of the ding line until half way through the back, I did enjoy meeting and playing with Hazen.

Lar

RSS