Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 1:57 PM

I would like to enter this 

• reggie7900
    912 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 2:16 PM

Started off really well then hit some bad shots then the rot sets in 71 for me not my best performance on to the next one cheers. 

Kevin. 

• wags700
    1,752 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:36 PM

At least Erin Hills is pretty and I was able to pick up some cheese. 4 birdies and a bogey on the front. Started the back 9 with 5 straight pars and then finished with 4 straight birdies. Had a half a dozen putts high 5 the hole as it went by and then give me the middle finger. Could have been better but happy it wasn't worse.

Week 4- Erin Hills 65

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:59 PM

Week 4 Erin Hills...63 for me this week.

Good luck everyone

Brian

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 5:19 PM

WK4 (R3) shot at 76.

Was feeling like I had a decent round going (for me). Then four bogeys on the last four hole. Ugh.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 8:43 PM

Erin Hills week 4 was a 65 for me.

• EricW55
    36 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:01 AM

I'm back!  Shot a -12 60 this week.  2 solid 30's.  Obviously the putter worked when needed but the club of the week was my 3 wood.  She sang for me at Erin!

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:06 AM

hmmm, where to start...

SPOILER ALERT

Played the real challenge at Erin Hills, the ultimate should I stay or should I go round... Unfortunately forgot to screenshot the scorecard...

But one after the other...

My change to the launcher version hasn't been that long ago and I'm still trying to find the settings that work best for me.

Yesterday I found a very interesting forum post by Yiannis regarding the different graphic resolutions for the app - he also posted 2 videos to demonstrate the differences and I highly recommend you to watch those. 

I became curious and decided to play my round with a resolution of 1024x768 (previously had 1920X1080) and made the appropriate change in the settings.

Wow - quite small, but ok...

Always have to change language, too because the app doesnt keep my 'English' setting and always starts with 'German' as default language...

Here we go - Wk 4 18-Hole Single Play, ERIN HILLS

Fantastic wind for a start on that long #1 Par 5!

Looks like I can easily make it to the green with my 2nd shot.

260yds, 16mph tailwind - added 5yds, FBS, about 97% on my 250yds 3W - DINNNGGGG - and...

... lost ball :(

Wtf, that looked damn short, must have been the wrong club...

Lets try again...maybe better to lay up safe on the fairway...

here we go... almost a ding...and...

... lost ball :( :( :(

WHAAAT?

You bet that I played the 3rd attempt reeeaaally safe to the fairway.

Strange thing was that even my 80yds approach came up very short then...

Well let's try to save the double bogey (lol) with a nice long putt... almost a ding...

... ball died after approx. one third of its way...

GIMME A BREAK!!!

*close to rage quit*

*take a deep breath and get a coffee*

*5min later I was still close to rage quit but decided to finish the round whatever is going to happen*

One moment - what? - what the hell is this...?   3,5m, up 8cm !?

Suddenly I am playing meter and centimeter instead of yards, foot and inches!

I'm lost...

That explains why all my shots came up short and my putt died...

Ok lets try... damn, the putting calculator is all ft and in...

Missed the 2nd putt short, too but finally made the third for an outstanding 9 (!)

Hole #2, trying to convert the distances by gutt. Unfortunately this attempt didnt show much of an improvement: 8 (!) :D

OMG

Ok lets do a spreadsheet for converting approach and putting distances and elevations...

*10min later*

Hole #3: 4 for PAR - yessss!

Hole #4: 5 - Bogey :(

Hole #5: 3 BIIIRDIIIEEE

Hole #6: Par 3 206m (lol) - made it - Par.

Birdie, Par, Par to finish the Front 9 in stellar 43!

Well and what happened then was just brilliant:

My first aid conversion spreadsheet worked pretty good, I got used to the small 1024x768 window and regained confidence in my game.

And believe it or not - I shot my best Erin B9 score and made it back into the black:

28 to finish the round with a proud 71   :D

A real adventure and good fun after all.

The take away of the story is: be careful with your settings, always doublecheck whatever you have changed and by all means avoid switching the measurements :)

Or give it a go for the ultimate kick! :D

But beware - there is no way to correct those settings after your match has started...

Good luck to You!

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 5:13 AM

diehard4793:

I would like to enter this 

Consider yourself in! 

To play just start playing each week's WGT 18-HOLE SINGLE PLAY tournament. Then post your scores here. This week's is Wk 4 at Erin Hills. Be sure to play it before time runs out Sunday. You will have this week and week 5 to start establishing your handicap. Then you will be eligible to play in our next tournament "Groundhog Day ...Again" which starts February 1st.

Go low & have fun

Brett

• marcfive
    1,452 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 5:18 AM

Shot an improved 69 but struggling badly with flat stick. Had 17 GIR with ave distance 16 feet. Made 4 birds only. Onwards toward next week.

Marc

RSS