Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • freddydivit
    389 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 4:01 PM

Week # 42:  Marion Golf Club -- Score 75 (+5)

Well... that was no fun.  I am man enough to take responsibility for a bad round and so most of the issues today were on me.  But, I think the Marion course set-up is just relentlessly unfair, especially on the &%#^ greens.  Even when I made what should have been near perfect approaches (and, I've studied the course enough to understand what needs to be done), the ball would end up running off the greens and then, good luck....  Even once I finally got into sure scoring range, I had two putts come to dead stops at the holes which just defied the laws of physics and everything I know about WGT course play. I see others scoring far better so I guess you've got this damn place figured out, but for me, I'd like to see most of it excavated...  I didn't think I'd find a place that makes me pine for Chambers Bay but Marion might be it!! 

OK... whiny rant over.  Clearly, I've got a lot of work to do before playing this course again.  Better luck to everyone! 

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 11:58 AM

mingos01:

exc round with rocks...and lucky you tomorrow....with Doobie Brothers!!!!

aaaaahhhh....what a envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

other than they all look a lot older, the music was still great!

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 11:45 AM

One of those days...

remarkable, unforgettable...

You are playing great, get that lovely booming sound on almost every approach, start with -4 after 4...

and suddenly...

you are putting for birdie... ugly 10ft downhiller on #5. You are brave and hit it slightly harder just to hold the line...ding...yeah you found the perfect line...mysterious last second break...lipout...and it runs...and runs...runs almost off the green... almost. Uphill putt for par. You hit it and... wtf...oh no...wrong scale! 15ft downhill for bogey... lipout AGAIN! Uphill for double bogey. Ugh

From there the story became a real horror of lipouts and more lipouts. Even a 2.3 footer decided not to drop... Putting for birdie on every hole but couldnt sink a single one!

Remarkable, unforgettable, TRAUMATIZING

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 3:42 PM

TomCarioca:
    One of those days...

" I feel for ya Tom"....Is what I was thinking as I was belly laughing and wiping tears from my eyes. :-))

• mingos01
    3,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 3:10 AM

WK 43  CONGRESSIONAL

4 Birdies...sad!   67

Salud

Luis

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 4:35 AM

Week 43 / Congressional / 66 (-5)

I thought I was going to be on for an absolute monster of a round this week. I remembered to go back to my usual balls, and at the turn I was -7 and not missing a thing! But then I do t know what happened when I teed off on the 10th. The entire back 9 was a combination of poor approach shots and awful green reads to end up dropping 2 shots and signing for a -5 66🤬🤬🤬🤬

• marcfive
    1,452 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 5:11 AM
     paulgreen79:

Week 43 / Congressional / 66 (-5)

at the turn I was -7 and not missing a thing! 

Too bad we can't mix and match 9's Paul. I shot 30 on the back for a -7 63.

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 6:18 AM

WK 43 - 62

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 7:37 AM

The first round of the Haunted House Open is over with kasia1967 holding a large 3 stroke lead over the next 4 players. Merion was not friendly to most of the Tour. Perhaps others will find their stride as we move on to Congressional for the 2nd round.

My busy summer along with a couple other things have kept me from playing on Tour lately. However, I still wanted to share my scorecard from what my round would have been this week. I don't play this well often. (if ever 🤣) I had back to back holes where my approach stopped inside 1' above the hole that could have really made this an unbelievable round with a couple more rotations on the ball. I also was able to roll the ball onto the front of the green on 16, but narrowly missed the 45' putt. Still... Damn near perfect. I think the candy corn pants may have helped 😂

• sparty979
    66 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 9:06 AM

Week 43 - 64.

RSS